NAD CD player question
Jan 15, 2005 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

daveman_84

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys...

I have a NAD 521i. What I want to know is the OFF button on the remote, does it put it in standby or does it literally turn the unit off? What is the difference between using the off button on the remote and shutting down the unit via the power button on the unit itself that goes in and out?

Confused.
confused.gif

Jan 15, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 6
I have c542 and it works the same way. I just put it on standby with the remote, since if you shut the player off with the console, you can't turn it back on with the remote.

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #4 of 6
I'm pretty sure it's some type of standby. I think it's like when you turn your TV off, the little red light (or whatever) is still on. But if you unplug it, there really isn't anything going inside. You can't turn it on manually or with the remote. Okay, bad analogy.

You should probably use the button to turn it off if you don't plan on using it for a long while, or if there's an electrical storm or something going.

Jan 16, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveman_84
What I want to know is the OFF button on the remote, does it put it in standby or does it literally turn the unit off? What is the difference between using the off button on the remote and shutting down the unit via the power button on the unit itself that goes in and out?

It's 'standby' so you can use the remote to turn on/off cdp.

There's usually two transformers / power supply inside, one is the 'main' supply that works with the whole electronics, and the other, much smaller one, primarily just wait for remote signal. Sounds redundant, yes, but for AVR they can proceed to power the whole rack instead of turning separate components one by one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back