NAD C565BEE - is it a good DAC?
Mar 1, 2010 at 2:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AT0MAC

New Head-Fier
I am the proud owner of a modified Mac Mini, the Black Mini, were I store my complete music library in both Flac and as AAC - AAC for the iPod and Flac for my Denon AH-D2000 cans.

I recently upgraded my head-amp from a The Zero 2007 edition DAC/pre-amp combo to a NAD C165BEE pre-amp.
Because the new gear is "just" a pre-amp I need a new DAC and have been thinking about a matching C565BEE CD-player with optical input.

Anybody have experience with that as a DAC?

To show you how my setup looks now take a look here:

macmod20106.jpg

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by muad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice audioengines
smily_headphones1.gif
Do you need the cd player? Also what are you using for a headphone amp?

I don't really need the CD part of the C565, but I like when things match and it is the only DAC unit NAD makes that will match my C165.
The C165 pre-amp is what I'm using to drive my Denon's, it has a very nice build in head amp.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Well if you want it to match aesthetically and perhaps sonically then you don't really have a choice. Im guessing though that for the same amount of money you could probably get a dedicated dac that could possibly sound better for the same price. With the nad you would be spending money on the dac section and the cd player parts.

edit: wow, I just looked up some reviews... seems good but for that price you could get a "really" nice dedicated dac!

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 7
And did you buy the NAD c565Bee? (it is now a lil bit further in time, so I am curious if you bought it and if you like it).

I have the c542 and like to have the C565Bee asap

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And did you buy the NAD c565Bee? (it is now a lil bit further in time, so I am curious if you bought it and if you like it).

Not yet, just got the opportunity to take two weeks off the job and went for a vacation instead, but first thing next month the money should be there for getting a C565.

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #7 of 7
Well, in that case keep us updated as soon as you obtain it
L3000.gif

In the meantime I am still wiggling on 2 legs, a Nad c565bee or a good second hand Cyrus CD8x I can obtain...

A lot to consider
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back