NAD C542 or Music Hall CD25.2 or Denon DVD-2900.... ?
Jul 16, 2006 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

100+ Head-Fier
Hello.

I'm on a tight budget of around $400, and I don't mind buying used if it will save me some money. I am only intrested in redbook playback, and the players I were looking at are: the NAD C542, the Music Hall Cd25.2, and the Denon DVD-2900. Which of the three would you go for, and are there any other players in this price range in which I should be looking at? I have also heard the Rega Planet mentioned on this forum a few times before, and while the Planet 2000 is a little out of reach (price wise), the Planet original is well within. Is there a noticeable difference between these two? What are the differences? While I'm not going to be buying right away, I am just looking to do a little research beforehand. Thank you for your time, any and all help is appricated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Another option would be for you to purchase the Philips DVP642 for about $52 delivered. Go to CircuitCity.com to get this deal. For the money I do not think you can beat it, and if you put a dac like the Lite Dac-AH with it you will be very surprised.

Later as you get more money then you can buy a high end CD-Player. Good luck.

Jul 17, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 5
Thank you for your advice Asr, Mrarroyo, and ssportclay. Is this the Phillips transport you two were talking about? I am also looking at the Arcam CD73, which is in my price range used. Any more suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back