NAD C541
Dec 10, 2002 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ProJoe

New Head-Fier
Should I buy a NAD C541? I found a guy selling one in excellent condition for $250. I am extremely close to buying it. My only question is: could I possibly find anything better for the price? I've read a lot of really good things about this player and I'm this close (see the closeness: >||<) to buying it. I just need to be sure it's the best use of my hard-earned cash.

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 7
just to make sure, that's a c541, and not a c541i ?

if I could find a c541i in great condition for $250, I'd almost
have to take it.

Even if it's not the 'i' version, I'm sure it's still a great deal.

Dec 11, 2002 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 7
It's not the 'i' , but I still think its a really good deal.

I've got to thinking and I suppose I should say a bit more. I was drawn to this player by several excellent reviews and, of course, the price. I was also thinking about that new Philips, but I'm not sure how it compares to the NAD in terms of redbook playback. That is probably the only thing I'll use it for, so I figure my money will be better spent on a redbook only player.

Dec 11, 2002 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 7
Check out a used MusicHall mmf cd25. Very good, detailed sound, wide soundstage, HDCD decoding, great build and looks.

Dec 11, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 7
That sounds like a pretty good deal. I had a C541i for a while (actually two of them but that's a long story) and thought it a very solid player at it's price point. I don't think that the non "i" version is all that much different.

Dec 11, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Check out a used MusicHall mmf cd25. Very good, detailed sound, wide soundstage, HDCD decoding, great build and looks.

I'm just wondering why some people recommend something different when someone is inches away from purchasing something, not giving any comparison between the two. I'm sure the NAD has all of those things, and he's getting a good price. I don't think that ProJoe was asking for this kind of response.

ProJoe, if I was in your situation, I'd sure pick up the NAD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back