NAD C541-i CD Player + Portable META42?
Jan 19, 2003 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vandit

100+ Head-Fier
herro...

sorry if this is a stupid question but.. if i get a NAD C541-i and outlaw rca to mini to connect to my portable meta 42 ad8620, triple buffers.. would it be dumb to do so?

isnt the portable meta ment to be portable.. not to use with a at home cd player?

can i still use it? will it sound better then with just the source..

sorry for these newbie questions
smily_headphones1.gif

you veterans are crazy (in a good way)

vandit

edit: ohh yea, im using my beyer dt770's as my headphones
smily_headphones1.gif
i primarily listen to rock, progressive house... (if that would help)

biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2003 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Hmm, I'm interested in this as well. I'm thinking of getting a home source and am in the process of getting a portable META42 so...

Jan 19, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #3 of 6
nope not at all, the META42 will be SOOO much better than the stock headphone amp on your system... just out of interest, what buffers are you using, cos with the AD8620 needs a lot of voltage to sound its best, and if you're using the Elantec 2002 buffers, you're drawing a lot of current so lots of batteries so not very portable...

g

Jan 20, 2003 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 6
I just ordered a META42 with the AD8620 opamp and stacked EL2001 buffers, and I ordered it with an Altoid battery pack, as well as one internal battery spot, and it's still really portable (5x5x1).

Your amp should be 100x better than the amp out of the pcdp, like guzzler said. It should probably help with the home source, too, becuase I've heard that even some of those headphone outs aren't great. Hope that helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

J.F.

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 6
Your CD player, the NAD C 541i is a very good source. I auditioned a lot of CD players. I ended up getting the Cary 303/200 but I was so impressed with the NAD 541i I got one of those for a secondary bedroom system. In my opinion the NAD 541 is the best bang for the buck cd player. Good luck with your setup.

Jan 21, 2003 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 6
Absolutely, this is a good idea! The Meta42 is a very good amp, even in its portable form, and many have said it's in the same ballpark (or maybe even better) than the HeadRoom Little, which is meant for home systems. Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back