NAD C515BEE or Onkyo DX-7555?
Sep 30, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #16 of 19
The latest JazzTimes issue mentions the NAD C515BEE as an excellent low price point buy. As a jazz collector with lots of privately made CD-Rs (as well as 2,000+ commercial CDs), my special need is to know how well this unit plays CD-Rs. A common problem with cheap CD decks, car CD players and hand held CD players is that they're all very unreliable when it comes to playing CD-Rs made using PC software such as Nero or Roxio. So how does the NAD measure up?

Oct 27, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newkophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A common problem with cheap CD decks, car CD players and hand held CD players is that they're all very unreliable when it comes to playing CD-Rs made using PC software such as Nero or Roxio. So how does the NAD measure up?

Hi I just saw this thread. I have a NAD C515bee and about 300 CD-Rs burned between 1999 and 2007. The NAD plays them all without issue. In addition to playing commercial CDs, it is advertised as playing MP3s burned onto CDs, which leads me to believe it is well tuned for reading CDRs.

BTW, I have owned mine for over year and have had no problems. I believe the USA / Canada warranty is 2 years if purchased from an authorized dealer.

oxy

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 19
Is anyone using the C515BEE with a tube amp and HD650?

I'm considering one as my first CD player to use with my La Figaro 336 and HD650. I listen to mostly jazz/vocals, but do rock occasionally.

Feb 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #19 of 19
Hi, I have a question:  What is the best cheapeast transport cd matching Electrocompaniet ECD1 DAC?
Someone told me NAD C515 is the best deal for my DAC! Is that true? It 's a good transport cd with an external DAC via coaxial output? Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back