NAD C326BEE vs NAD C355BEE?
Feb 10, 2010 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ChexMix

New Head-Fier
I am currently driving Energy RC-10s with a mid-90s Sony A/V receiver. I'm looking to buy an integrated amplifier for these speakers. I do most listening at low volumes in nearfield, and have heard that NAD performs well at low volumes.

Should I buy NAD C326BEE + (some power amp) -- would the power amp improve sound quality?
or should i buy the NAD C355BEE?
or is there an alternative in the same price range?
I can find the C326 for $399 but the C355 costs $799 for the extra power...

Any advice would be great!

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #2 of 3
my only real experience with a power amp is an audiolab 8000p, and yes it improved the bass over the NAD c350 (now sold) power amp it was replacing, i'd imagine if you can get a quality poweramp like that you'll get even results using the cheaper NAD 326bee, both amps (c350 and 8000p) used the very same power transistors too iirc, 8000p has a hefy power supply section however which i imagine is the prime advantage of power amps
smily_headphones1.gif

have to say i'm not actually sure how all the different versions differ in their sound, it can't be by much though.

Feb 11, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks. I'll look into the audiolab 8000p. I heard that the NAD products use preamps that are very similar to eachother. Seems like I'm going to go for the C326BEE soon, and get more power if I need it later. That said, What would you say about buying NAD refurbished products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back