NAD C320 BEE (integrated) better than Creek OBH-11?
Feb 5, 2003 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HanssoN

100+ Head-Fier
At audioreview (http://www.audioreview.com/PRD_117809_2751crx.aspx), someone said that he was satisfied with his Creek OBH 11, but that his integrated amp, the NAD C320 BEE, easily outperformed it. Is this true? I mean, it seems rather irrational to pay almost 200 dollars for a headphone amp that is outperformed by a quite cheap integrated amp... Any comments?

Feb 6, 2003 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 6
No comments? I was looking forward to them... =/

Feb 8, 2003 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 6
HanssoN,

This doesn't come as so much of a surprise actually. I recently started a thread to try to find out the quality of various headphone jacks on premps, integrateds, receivers, etc., and found that there are many good headphone jacks out there.

In an older thread on the same topic, somebody reported a NAD preamp being easily better than an MG Head.

My sense is that you can get a good headphone jack on some components from B&K, Rotel, NAD, Bryston, Denon, and who knows what else. The jacks on these components compare well with good to excellent headamps. I now have no plans on ever buying another dedicated headamp, as a preamp offers so many more features than a typical headamp. The only problem to me seems to be getting good information about the quality of headphone jacks on components that rivals the quality of the headamp reviews on this site.

H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back