NAD 521i Problems??
Aug 1, 2004 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rapoon

100+ Head-Fier
I was cycling through tracks and i stopped it on track 6. the display just blinked, it didnt recognize the track. it did this for about 15 secnods. it resumed playing when I changed tracks. it's a cdr disc with no scratches on it. this is the first time the player has done anything like this. is this something I should be concerned with?? if this is the start of it breaking down, ill just return it while i can. thanks..

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapoon
I was cycling through tracks and i stopped it on track 6. the display just blinked, it didnt recognize the track. it did this for about 15 secnods. it resumed playing when I changed tracks. it's a cdr disc with no scratches on it. this is the first time the player has done anything like this. is this something I should be concerned with?? if this is the start of it breaking down, ill just return it while i can. thanks..

hi, considering you were using a cdr and your player can play everything else without any problems, i wouldnt worry too much.

sometimes, even though the cdr may have no scratches, portions of it may be unreadable due to a. defective dye or b. dye that has lost its ability to remain 'fixed' due to age and/or exposure to sunlight.

Aug 2, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't think you have anything to worry about. There have been other instances in which NAD cdps display similar quirks. My NAD 542 did have to go back because of a problem with the HDCD detection system, but it also would occasionally "lose" a disc when not playing. I posted about it here.

The one I have now is similarly "absent-minded," but it works like a charm and sounds grand. Mine was only a few weeks old when it started to act up. How long have you had your player?

BW

Aug 2, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 5
a couple weeks also. the retailer that sold it to me has been helpful so far and has offered to swap it out with me. its just a pain in the ass mailing things and waiting for a return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back