NAD 310: what speakers?
May 20, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 7
I haven't heard them, but the Axiom M3Ti's have gotten very good reviews and are quite popular. they're $275.

May 20, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 7
I used to have an NAD 304 and used PSB Alphas with it to very good effect. Since NAD and PSB are owned by the same "mother" company, they actually bundle Alphas with the NAD L40 as their "Music System."

I would look at the new Alpha B (around $200 online), or, for less money and a bit less bass, the discontinued Alpha Mini. You can get the Alpha Minis in cherry finish from Yawa for $132/pair (in white for $99!). The Minis originally sold for around $250-$300. I don't think ANY other speaker can touch them for this price.

http://www.yawaonline.com/psbminbstoc5.html

The Paradigm Atoms, Axioms, and a couple NHT models are also great in the $300 range.

May 20, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 7
I just went out to Yawa on Saturday to audition the PSB Alpha A/V with the subzero5 and can't possibly imagine anything sounding nearly as good as them for the price. For S&G me and the wife stopped by "the Good Guys" on the way back and listend to a couple different systems at about 2 to 3 times the price and they couldn't even come close to the PSB speakers, not that I expected they would.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2002 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 7
psb alpha b's with a DIY sub sounds better for the price
wink.gif

May 21, 2002 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Also look at the Energy e:XL16's. I think they are under $300 in the US. Over here they are a bit more expensive but still worth every penny. I've had mine for 2 years now and still like them a lot!

Also, you might want to buy a nice pair of stands to go with them.

May 21, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #7 of 7
The Energy speakers were one of the sets I listened to at good guys. They cost about 50% more than the Alphas and to my ears didn't sound as good. Of course this is in a mediocre store i heard them, so placement might not of been so great.

Depending on what type of setup you want you could get the Alpha 5.1 package consisting of 4 of the A/Vs(B), 1 Center, and the SubZero5 for about $700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back