n00b needs new headphones
Mar 6, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #16 of 27
I STILL have no idea what I want.

I kinda like the idea of the CX300... but I KNOW I like EX71 headphones...

I've never had anything better...

The EX81 has that ear loop so I doubt I'll get those. I'm going to go to my local kmart and look what they have there... long bike ride.

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #17 of 27
After you buy whatever you decide to buy, you should definitely try and get a pair of Koss KSC75. Although you cannot use them in noisy locations, no isolation, they can be appreciated in a quiet environment. Give them a chance!
biggrin.gif

P.S. Koss KSC75 only $20 at Circuit City!

Mar 6, 2006 at 10:47 PM Post #18 of 27
for sound, if you like the ex71s, then you'll like the cx300s (<- highs doesn't hurt my head as much as the ex71s). Both have boomy bass and same isolation.

the cord length may be a problem though. the cx300's cord is a tad short so when I put it in my right pocket, across my body, it tugs. It's fine when my player is in my left pocket. Maybe use your old ex71 extension cord to make the cx300 really long.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #19 of 27
Haha, I didn't keep my Sony's.

The wire was wasted.. they lasted longer than I expected.

So the CX 300's are what I should get now?

I hate regular headphones now. Have to be IEM's.

I want boomy bass and good isolation so is this the best bet or are UE's or Shures any better?

Mar 7, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #21 of 27
Well if you surely must have earbuds then the E2cs or ER6is are both good competitors. THe E2cs however will have a better comfort from what I say and most reviewers (flame me below). However if you can go headband PX100 is the way to go for cheap (~40$) but the shures im shure (pun intended) will fit well and sturdy under a helmet. They may be too expensive for 60$ tho. Keep an eye out for used ones here.

Mar 7, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMBrown
I definitely recommend the CX 300s! You should like them a lot.

I have no place around me that has them in stock...

as far as their sites say...

I should call and ask.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #23 of 27
Well, I just took the plunge.

Ordered them off Office Depot through Amazon.

Express shippingwas only 2 bucks more...

So now I'm in for $63 but from what I hear, it's worth it.

We'll see...

Hope they don't need an amp... should be easier to drive than my Sony's though.

Feb 5, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #27 of 27
Wow... went back and looked at my first thread here. I'm 15 now and a soph in highschool... have the P.1 Cromo which is worth around $900, Gary Fisher PHD which is worth around $3,000, and a $1200 PC I built. $150 Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. :] Bought the CX300B's, went through the wash recently though, so my lowend is trashed and the highs got intensely shrill.

Listened to a pair of EX71's today and I almost puked... I had horrible taste in sound quality back then. Good thing I'm starting my car audio system now and not later... Whew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back