n00b ecstasy
Jan 30, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #17 of 22
the two truest Head-fi responses that no one ever listens to -

1) Post:Hi, I'm new!
Response: Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet!

2) Post: Hi, I just got XXX, and I'm happy!
Response: Congrats! Run away and never come back!

Jan 30, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by wali
Good to hear you're happy with your cans.

Btw, for a second I thought the title of your thread was b00b ecstasy... my eyes are failing me...

You read what you wanted to read.

Jan 30, 2005 at 1:02 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
aw, but I don't have anything *closed* yet. I'm getting dirty looks on the Skytrain already...hence the egg0 lust.
smily_headphones1.gif
Another thing I forgot to mention, now I really believe in the importance of the source - I always got the impression it was a tiny bit overblown, but no. The first thing I plugged the Grados into was the headphone jack on my speakers, since it was closest, and the sound blew - then I plugged 'em into the jack on the soundcard itself, that was substantially better, and finally I plugged them into the Neuros and it was better still. So I learned a) source is really, really important and b) either Soundstorm audio is *really* terrible (and not just moderately-terrible-compared-to-Emu) or the Neuros is surprisingly good.

I think that's it.
biggrin.gif
I have a Neuros II as well and I love the sound they pump through my e2cs (with ex71 tips
etysmile.gif
). I've heard from most reviews of the Neuros that they have the best sound for a portable in the industry, or nearly so. That's one of the big reasons why I bought it.

And yeah, I can tell a difference from an iPod. No comparison.

Jan 30, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter_Killer
You appear to be untained by the head-fi plague. Ignore what other new cans people here suggest for you for a while - SR80s are great headphones. They are truely fantastic. Dont go thinking of the "next step" anytime soon because then you wont appreciate what you got.

No!

Join me, I will complete your training. You have only begun to realize your importance, AdamWill. Together we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the audiophlie within you.

Keep buying ridiculously expensive audio equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back