Mz-R909?
Feb 26, 2002 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

AlphaHX

100+ Head-Fier
How is the R909 when it comes to quality and just overall as an audio playing unit? I want something small but better quality than mp3s. what do you ppl recommend?

Feb 26, 2002 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 6
The MZ-R909 is much more than just something to play MiniDiscs! I think you know it's a RECORDER, so you can make music from, virtually, anything. Copy CD recordings or tap into your sound card and download mp3 files, or many other uses. I use my unit for recording live perfomances and church sacrament talks.

As a playback device, it has VERY useful 8-step bass/treble controls, which allow customized sound, moreso than the usual per-set EQ settings on most other devices.

Anyway, if you can live without the Net MD thing, the R909 is the best MD recorder on the market, IMHO.

Feb 26, 2002 at 6:41 PM Post #3 of 6
I second to that.

I have the R909 and it's the loveliest portable thing I have ever owned. I have had quite a bunch of various players, including 2 MD and 5 cassette players.

Feb 26, 2002 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 6
I'll third that.

I've had my 909 for a couple months and it is flat out awesome. IMHO NetMD isn't worth it in its current state, but it does show promise. The 909 is as small as my MZ-R90 but with MDLP it is much more versatile. It is my third portable MD recorder, and by far the best in every way.

-Keith

Feb 27, 2002 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 6
thanx to everyone who replied. im probably gonna get myself a mz-r909 since everyone seems to like it. for anyone out there who dislikes it for any reason, plz reply and inform me of whats so bad about this player.

Feb 27, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 6
oops, i was over at a friends house and i accidently replied using his account. i said *above*. ignore the fact that it was from mallow005.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back