MZ-E10 or MZ-E900?
Dec 14, 2004 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Silver

500+ Head-Fier
It turns out that my aunt, who will pay for my MD player as christmas present, has a MD player that she got from a lucky draw few years ago and she told me she hardly used it. If it is a E900(although not really likely), I dunno if I should ask her to get me the e10 as planned or simply ask her to give me her E900. Help me to decide please...

Dec 14, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 10
The E10 has many options that you can set to your liking, such as disc access (quick mode, power save, etc) and backlight. The E900's got none of those.

The E900 doesn't have group mode. I think the remote's not as easy to use as the E10's. The E900 doesn't have the 6-band EQ or any surround sound effects.

The E900 uses a 25g gumstick battery so it's heavy on one end and very light on the other end - not very balanced.

If you're using the player without the remote (in a shirt pocket), the E10 is easier to use.

In my opinion, do yourself a favor and ask for an E10 :p

Dec 14, 2004 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 10
Hmm. The MZ-E900 has the standard battery and actually has a headphone jack...hmm...

Personally, the remote's just fine; I'm actually used to it coming from the left, so I like it better in that way...except the E10's is easier to read.

The MZ-E900 sounds great, it has the "customizable" eq, which is treble and bass, you can change it a few ways, I put treble and bass up and it sounds awesome with my D66 eggos (actually, I sold my 900, I have a 700 which is the same thing though).

If it's a blue one, it'll look like this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/IMG_0751.jpg

E10's remote jack:
32c0ac62.jpg

Also, the MZ-E10's remote is like the one with the headphone jack on the end of the player and is flush:
remoteversus.jpg

Dec 15, 2004 at 5:33 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by seiko_citizen
imo you'd probably be better off with the e10 if you really wanted. If it is not to much to ask your auntie you could ask for a sharp auvi unit. maybe a ds70

No sharp auvi units are sold in HK anymore... I would prefer to get the E10 with 1 year warranty from Sony HK rather than ask my Aunt to pay more to import an auxi unit from Taiwan/Japan.

Dec 15, 2004 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 10
Just remember that the E10 is pretty fragile. When I was shopping around for a MD player 2 years ago, I was talking to one of the store clerks. I was asking him how popular the E10 is, and he said, "Don't buy it, the one my friend got already has a pretty big dent in it, and he didn't drop it" With that, I bought a DS8...

Dec 15, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #7 of 10
The only MD players worth anything at all are the older Sonys (R50, etc) or the new Auvi 1-bit Sharps.

The newer Sony models, especially the E10/N10, really sound horrible. The E900 was probably made about the same time as the R900, which I once owned and liked a lot. It's probably pretty good.

Dec 15, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
The only MD players worth anything at all are the older Sonys (R50, etc) or the new Auvi 1-bit Sharps.

The newer Sony models, especially the E10/N10, really sound horrible. The E900 was probably made about the same time as the R900, which I once owned and liked a lot. It's probably pretty good.

Agreed... but the newer Sony MD Players with the Digital Amps, esp the models with the HD Digital Amps sound awesome. I would recommend the E720 or E730.

Dec 15, 2004 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver
Don't make me feel too unlucky... :'(
It sucks that nobody in HK is selling any new models anymore because of the huge popularity of MP3.

HAHA... Well, I hope your aunt has the E900... I have the silver one, and I love it, its the MD player that brought me back to using MDs. Its a great player, sounds great, looks good, durable, and has great battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back