Mystery Sony Headphone
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AudiophileJesse

New Head-Fier
Can anyone think of an older full size over ear black Sony headphone with white and gold colors on the earpieces? The unit looked like it might have been a Pro model, but I'm not sure as it did not resemble any of the 7500 series
After doing a few Google image searches, I didn't see any cans that looked like what I'm describing.

I saw a radio personality wearing the unit in a Facebook video, but when I reached out to him to inquire about the model, he said the headphones were old, and the model was worn off.

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #2 of 11
MDR-7506 sort of has a bit of gold and white... but I imagine the blue would've stuck out too.

Was it on-ear, over-ear, what kind of shape was it?

Feb 7, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 11
GREQ,

These mystery Sony headphones are full size over the ear, and I believe the earcups were round and not circum like the 7506. Both earcups had Sony branding on each side and a gold strip on the bottom I'm starting to go crazy not being able to find the model...

Feb 8, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 11
When you say "gold strip" do you mean one of those 'digital studio' stickers?

Makes me think of the MDR-CD999/777, since those looks slightly rounder... but they're grey

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 11
Indeed.
This is almost certainly a Sony MDR-V600.
It is much less likely but also possibly an MDR-V900HD, but these had high-glossy black plastic, and it does not appear to be very glossy in the video.

There is also a chance that it could be a Sony MDR 7509HD with a very faded "Professional" sticker on the side.

But it's definitely not an MDR-V900.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 11
GREQ,

Thanks for identifying the headphones in the video. I have been looking at pictures of both the MDR-V600, and the MDR-v900HD and agree that its most likely the V600. Have you had any experience with the 7509HD? If so, is the sound quality better than the 7506?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back