Mystery Box.....
Jun 19, 2002 at 5:29 AM Post #76 of 83
I was just wondering about the increased postage as the boxes make their way across the country. Sounds like box two's postage has already increased. Should we post how much we spent on postage, then at a certain cost the box should split? Seems like the last guy on the list will end up paying the most regardless of how many cds he or she exchanges.
I'm not trying to make this more complicated, just trying to make this a little more fair.
thoughts?
md

Jun 19, 2002 at 1:23 PM Post #78 of 83
Quote:

Originally posted by millerdog
I was just wondering about the increased postage as the boxes make their way across the country. Sounds like box two's postage has already increased.
md

I shipped box 2 Monday and it cost 5.20 Priority Mail. That is what was on the sticker that was on the box when I got it. I think I had a net increase of 7 CDs and the price did not go up. One of them was new still wrapped in the jewel case.

I think if a box gets too heavy it should be split into 2. Another question is how long will we ship CDs that no one selects? It seems that some of the CDs are just getting a free ride around the country and they will never get off.

Jun 19, 2002 at 2:22 PM Post #80 of 83
Shipping cost: unless we get a lot of jewel cases, 50 disks should stay under $7 according to my office postage meter. One important thing to remember is that the BOX itself and fill adds weight. I tried to use a box that no bigger than nessicary for 50 disks.

As far as the guy at the end of the list paying more, there is no way to tell when the box will split as it travels. We are also still getting requests to join and some where talking about starting another box. (I figure Clubkills will be a box of its own and if Tyll puts together a box it will actually be 2 or 3 boxes. We may have created a monster
evil_smiley.gif
)

Free riding CDs. For the most part, I'd say leave them in for atleast a couple laps. We have barely made it through half the list as it is. Didn't you wonder how someone could have parted with the great disk you found? When we get to the point that nobody wants anything thats in a box, maybe we can just send it to Jude or someone else to sell on ebay and donate the proceeds to Head-Fi. But I figure thats a ways away.

My $.03 worth.

Jun 27, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #81 of 83
I am back and ready to do some listening. Looks like all is going well based on the posts.

In terms of the shipping, I would pay the extra 2 bucks to be at the end and have a crack at an extra 25 or 30 cd's. I guess in that way it balances out.

Jun 30, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #82 of 83
Quote:

Originally posted by Clubkill
I am back and ready to do some listening. Looks like all is going well based on the posts.

In terms of the shipping, I would pay the extra 2 bucks to be at the end and have a crack at an extra 25 or 30 cd's. I guess in that way it balances out.

Welcome home, dude. Send me an e-mail when you are ready to take the reigns on co-ordinating this.

And I agree on the second point. Even if I don't listen to all of them (I doubt I would), the bigger the box is the better the odds I'll find something I like.

Jul 12, 2002 at 3:32 PM Post #83 of 83
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio Redneck
Shipping cost: unless we get a lot of jewel cases, 50 disks should stay under $7 according to my office postage meter. One important thing to remember is that the BOX itself and fill adds weight. I tried to use a box that no bigger than nessicary for 50 disks.

Just an update on the cost of shipping. It seems as though the rates for Priority mail went up this week. I just shipped a Mystery Box this AM. It came in for $5.20 but cost me 7.05 to ship it out. Still a reasonable price for the benifit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back