MylarOne X3 or super.fi 3
Dec 24, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #4 of 9
Denons will kill most sub-$200 canalphones in all departments except for isolation. Ridiculously valued phones when you can find them below $150. However the isolation is poor and only good to knock out mid-high frequencies, but not lower/ambient noise. Otherwise go for them.

The Mylarones have slightly more isolation, but lack bass compared to the Denons, though for the price they're as valued as the now-cheap SF.3s that isolate far better.

FeedMeTrance, I thought you re-wired your former-pair with an ES1 cable. In any case, yes, they are quite an amazing phone for $50 at radioshack :)

Dec 24, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 9
I believe super.fi 3s are better than 5s in terms of mid and upper range so if you want lower go super.fi 5 but if you want clear cymbals and etc, I'd go super.fi 3, mylarone I never tried. SF in general is a funky fit though, depends on your ear, they never fit me, not well at least

Dec 24, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #7 of 9
The Mylarone X3i is the upgraded version of the normal X3. I've never heard the other offerings, but the X3i has wonderful detail with more bass than the original X3. The X3/X3i are known for great detail.

Dec 24, 2007 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe super.fi 3s are better than 5s in terms of mid and upper range so if you want lower go super.fi 5 but if you want clear cymbals and etc, I'd go super.fi 3, mylarone I never tried. SF in general is a funky fit though, depends on your ear, they never fit me, not well at least

YOu can do the flip-flop mod, and it will sit flush with your ear.

Dec 24, 2007 at 8:03 PM Post #9 of 9
X3s hands down for SQ. I had the super.fi 3s side by side with the XBs and the decision took all of 5 minutes of listening. The sf3s went back to radio shack the same day I got the XBs. Now the build quality of the Mylars....that's a worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back