My Zune 120 often freezes up when I hit "play" on a music track
Nov 5, 2008 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Turnaround

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Zune 120. Often when I select a music track, then hit "Play", my Zune freezes up. By "freezing up" I mean that the screen doesn't change, the buttons don't respond so you can't maneuver anywhere, and "Play" remains highlighted. This happens once or twice a day. When this happens, I have to manually reset the device (pushing the "+" and "UP" buttons).

I have reinstalled the software several times, checked for updates, even moving from one computer to another (Windows XP Media to Windows Vista, each 32 bit versions) to make sure it's not a particular computer or the Zune software installed on that particular computer. I have checked for software updates.

I have not hacked my Zune or done anything funky. Just straightforward installs of software and mp3s and WMA files. I don't even load pictures or games on my Zune. I suspect a hardware problem in accessing the track on the harddrive.

I used a Zune 30 for two years before getting the 120, and never had a similar problem, even with the current software installed.

Anyone else facing this problem???

Nov 5, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #2 of 8
I think this is a known bug. Known by Zune Team.

Does it happens when you are playing one song and went to switch to a new one in the last 10 seconds of the current playing song ?

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 8
I had not noticed when the problem comes up.

I just tried switching songs in the last ten seconds of a song, and my Zune 120 did freeze up.

Do you have a source from Zune on this bug (is it discussed on their website or their forums)? I would like to keep tabs on the issue and Zune's response/progress. Thanks.

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Discussion at Zune.net in the forums. thread is huge (15+ pages of discussion) with many Zune developers posting there about the being aware of the issues, too
Zune.net

Nov 25, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #7 of 8
I have a Zune 80 and what you're describing only happens to me like maybe once a month. But I don't think I've noticed happen since updating to 3.1, not sure.

Nov 25, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #8 of 8
I had never had this happen, even before I updated to the 3.1 software. Lucky I guess. I'm keeping an eye open for issues lately the, like the occasional gap in albums that were gapless before the advent of the 3.1 software. The Wall can ONLY be played GAPLESS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back