my z560s arrived. Boy am I upset!!!.
Jul 11, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #48 of 61
Aux in is an input. You need a tape out or aux out etc.

Jul 12, 2004 at 2:03 AM Post #49 of 61
Sounds to me as if Puppet might enjoy the flexibility than an equalizer would add to his setup.
biggrin.gif
Foobar has that nice DSP he could try.

BW

Jul 12, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
my PCDP doesnt have aux, but my sterio has these read and white plugs that say aux in. I just connect my speakers to it with an audio player.

You can always use the headphone output of the PCDP. Just make sure to turn the volume all the way down, then turn the volume up to where you don't hear excessive noise or distortion.

Not the best solution, but the only one your PCDP will have if it does not have Line Out.

-Ed

Jul 12, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #52 of 61
I took a cable that had two things that plug into a headphone jack, but when you plug somethiong into the headphone jack of the speakers the speakers dont work.

Also the speakers have bass but they have little thump to the bass. is the subwoofer suppose ti have alot of thump to it because mine doesnt. The sub has as much thump as the satelites. is that normal.

Jul 13, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #53 of 61
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your sub's driver and/or amp is possibly faulty. The only other option is that your expectations are unrealistic for this type of setup. I've heard both of these sets of speakers, and "bassless" is the last word I'd ever use to describe them.

If you're looking for tight, thump your chest kick drums, you won't get this out of any computer speaker setup. Computer speaker setups are made up of overly small satellites that force a overly high crossover point for the sub, which makes the under-sized, over-powered and under-engineered sub driver come off as muddy and/or boomy. Also, most computer speakers are tuned very bass-heavy because muddy or not, this is what the average consumer wants to hear when he goes to Best Buy and decides which setup to buy after turning them all up super-loud with the bass at full.

-dd3mon

Jul 13, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #54 of 61
Just out of curiosity, are you plugging in a cd player into the headphone jack or some cans or what?

Jul 13, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
Jesus Christ N00b city.

1. Burn in will do little to nothing.

2. These speakers have AWSOME bass. In most cases waaaayy to much relative to the small size of the satillites.

3. I hope to god you're not using these on a ****ty sound card. ie. the ****ty chaintech av-710. You have even less bass control with ****ty cards, and an onboard cards.

4. I'm running my z560's on an Audigy 2 with a number of the plugins creative has availible. The biggest huddle is to make the bass very very strong without overpowering the smaller speakers. Depending on the room size you shouldn't have to turn on the bass control on the speakers. You should only have to adjust the computer bass and trebble. If I even touch the controls on the speakers the bass just gets way to loud and my neighbors complain. Besides everything starts to shake really realy bad.

5. If you don't hear loud bass right off the bat, first check your connections. If you still don't hear loud bass, maybe the unit is broken.

As many have already said these speakers are known for being obscenely bassy. Good luck.

Here's where I definitely have to intervene.

1) Burn is in ESSENTIAL. When you first get the 560's you must be careful. Never turn the volume past 1/3 in the first 20 or so hours you have them, or the brand new rubber seals around the woofer cone will split.

2) These speakers have bass that is the exact definition of bloated. I cannot stand to listen to them. I do agree they overpower the satts if turned up too much, although the crappy satts actually do do a good job creating an enveloping sound field from what I've heard.

3) The Chaintech has been affirmed to me a pretty good card for the money around here by people with good setups and ears. Bass control is irrelevant on the card, because most control of those such things should happen in the speaker system, so it doesn't clip and gets amped properly.

4) No comment.

5) Yes to the first comment, no to the second comment. There are a million things you could check, but hit these first:

-- Is the sound card configured properly?
-- Is your sub cornerloaded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back