my z560s arrived. Boy am I upset!!!.
Jul 9, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #31 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
My room is about 11X11 ft, I just plugged in my z640s, and my z560s only sound a little bit better. Now i know there is something wrong. I believe its my soundstorm setings. The subwoofer control on it doest work, and i`ve tryed all the settings it seems like. I think i`ll go to best buy and pick up a nice soundcard, if that doesnt work then i`ll return it and scrath my head some more. the bass is boomy when i turn the speakers up past half volume but its too loud. But thats only on certai songs. Man, if i knew what was going to happen i wouldnt of bought them.

Your subwoofer control won't ever work. Why? Because that control is for the subwoofer plug, if you have a seperate subwoofer plug. The Z-560s don't, they only have a front and a rear plug.

MAKE SURE THE SUBWOOFER DIAL ON YOUR CONTROL POD IS TURNED THE RIGHT WAY. You know, the black thing that says Power, M3D, Bass, and Fade?

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #32 of 61
well i know alot about computers, i build and fix them and stuff, not profesionally.

I would return them but i have to pay a minimum of 15% restocking fee. And dont i have to pay to ship it back. unless i can ship it back for free then i`ll consider.

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #34 of 61
Even people who know "a lot" about computers make mistakes. I have never heard of a z560 shipping that had "almost no bass". Make sure your bass dial is turned up on the control pod, your control pod to sub / amp cable is connected snugly, and your mini plugs are pushed all the way into the computer jacks.

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #35 of 61
I just blasted them to half volume and these things shack alot actually. But its really loud at half volume. Anyone know how much it cost to ship 50lbs to someplace. I`ve got all the boxes in perfect condition.

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #36 of 61
Are we alowed to say holy ****, because thats what i just did. OMG I turned these things up a little past half. damn damndamn, sry but dang. these things just shook my room the air comming out of the subwoofer was hitting my legs. wow that was awsome. theres barely any at 1/4 volume but at half. these things are crazy. I didnt have them up loud enough i guesss.

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #37 of 61
Well after reading your post and everyone elses and owning the z560's for 3+ years, I'm guessing the problem is a combination of your soundcard and improper crossing over of your setup. They should be boomy, thats the sign that they DO work. However, it takes a card with good software and drivers to properly setup up the system. Basically your speakers don't match the soundcard, or you have it setup wrong. ie. stuff plugged in wrong.

I don't like to tell people to buy a new soundcard or speakers, unless they are total ****. The soundstorm should be a decent card from what I have heard, but I have NO experience with it so I can't give any advice. Depsite what a lot of people say, those are good speakers, they just require alot of playing with to make them sound good in the given space and given music.

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:00 PM Post #38 of 61
The soundstorm's bass is fine. There's no night and day difference that the 560's sub wouldn't overpower.

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #39 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by puppet
Are we alowed to say holy crap, because thats what i just did. OMG I turned these things up a little past half. damn damndamn, sry but dang. these things just shook my room the air comming out of the subwoofer was hitting my legs. wow that was awsome. theres barely any at 1/4 volume but at half. these things are crazy. I didnt have them up loud enough i guesss.

Actually, no. You should self censor yourself a bit.

You didn't try cranking it? I thought you were trying to blow your sub.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Jul 9, 2004 at 6:51 PM Post #40 of 61
Huh.. weird. I usually have my bass knob at like 20-30%.. Rarely do I turn it up past 50% unless if I want the walls to shake...

I'm glad to see that you finally found the bass though...
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 8:54 PM Post #42 of 61
I use a crappy SB Live! 5.1 card. On the PC, the system volume is set around 40%. On the control pod, when I play games, the main volume is around 15%. When I watch movies it goes up to about 25%. Bass is always around 25-30% except when I really want things to shake... Then I set it to 50-60%... Dunno why the in-game volume is much louder than when I watch movies, but it probably has to do with all the other volume sliders here and there..

Plenty loud enough for me...
basshead.gif

Jul 10, 2004 at 2:14 PM Post #44 of 61
Most amusing thread i've read for a while, "Z560 has no bass" - very entertaining. You might also want to check your actual PC's volume sliders and what not, because the Z640 may be dif to the Z560 in amplification or similar. To truly test them, get a cd player or hifi or similar, plug up the Z640 to the aux, play your favourite Uh... gangsta rap cd, listen... then, plug up the Z560's to the aux (carefully maintaining all settings on the source the same) and listen. That way you can cut out the speakers as the culprit OR you will find that the speakers are the culprit
smily_headphones1.gif

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back