my z560s arrived. Boy am I upset!!!.
Jul 8, 2004 at 10:16 PM Post #18 of 61
When loosening bolts, remember the right hand rule. Take your right hand and make the thumbs up sign. Point your thumb in the direction you want your bolt to go (i.e. up or down) and the direction your fingers curl is the direction you want to turn.

Works for just about everything except for maybe the hex bolts on your tires. Those go the other way don't they?

P.S. There's no way that bass on the 560's is light. It is indeed on the edge of boomy. Also make sure that the ps/2 like plug coming in from the computer is on tight, as on mine it's not exactly a tight fit.

Jul 9, 2004 at 12:27 AM Post #19 of 61
If you think there's no bass, put the sub in the corner, it'll boost bass output by 6dB over sitting on the floor and 3dB over next to the wall.

Oh, and for the hex-nuts, the curved can-opener on a swiss army knife's edge screwdriver is a perfect fit just as a btw. (can't test it right now, but I think it's the one I used).

During an overzealous ROTK session in my room (10" Alpine + the Z560's), I cranked it and was like What was that noise?!?!?! It turnes out that the driver hit the grille on the unit, thank God that was there!!(it probably would've shot out), there is a limit to how high you can crank it, but you'll probably be bleeding before then, I had not satellites connected.

Jul 9, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

LOL, you're expecting an awful lot out of a $200 set of speakers. Of course you start like 10 threads hyping this purchase up.

he's just excited...can't argue with that
smily_headphones1.gif
Good luck with your speakers. I have klipsch 2.1, and after about 20 hours, they sounded better.

Jul 9, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #21 of 61
Jesus Christ N00b city.

1. Burn in will do little to nothing.

2. These speakers have AWSOME bass. In most cases waaaayy to much relative to the small size of the satillites.

3. I hope to god you're not using these on a ****ty sound card. ie. the ****ty chaintech av-710. You have even less bass control with ****ty cards, and an onboard cards.

4. I'm running my z560's on an Audigy 2 with a number of the plugins creative has availible. The biggest huddle is to make the bass very very strong without overpowering the smaller speakers. Depending on the room size you shouldn't have to turn on the bass control on the speakers. You should only have to adjust the computer bass and trebble. If I even touch the controls on the speakers the bass just gets way to loud and my neighbors complain. Besides everything starts to shake really realy bad.

5. If you don't hear loud bass right off the bat, first check your connections. If you still don't hear loud bass, maybe the unit is broken.

As many have already said these speakers are known for being obscenely bassy. Good luck.

Jul 9, 2004 at 10:12 AM Post #22 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
Jesus Christ N00b city.

1. Burn in will do little to nothing..

wrong.

Jul 9, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #23 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by llmobll
Jesus Christ N00b city.

3. I hope to god you're not using these on a ****ty sound card. ie. the ****ty chaintech av-710.

Noob city all right... you do realize that the Chaintech AV-710s have, in blind tests, been preferred over the audigy over and over again? If you check the Computer-As-Source Forum you'll see it's the most recommended sound card under the EMU's.

Jul 9, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #25 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzardfire
Noob city all right... you do realize that the Chaintech AV-710s have, in blind tests, been preferred over the audigy over and over again? If you check the Computer-As-Source Forum you'll see it's the most recommended sound card under the EMU's.

Now let us not start this discussion again, after a very long debate in the "computer-as-source " forums, I'm all tired from the comparison.

Jul 9, 2004 at 4:06 PM Post #27 of 61
It won't matter for the z560s... I have both NVIDIA Soundstorm onboard and the Chaintech... couldn't hear a difference between the two on the z560s. BTW, my z560s are cable modded (using some thicker copper cable instead of the stuff that comes with it).

Jul 9, 2004 at 4:26 PM Post #28 of 61
How big is your room puppet ?

And did you try putting the sub near a corner? That should help. Also what player are you using? Are you using 4.1 or 2.1? Try switching between them to see if it effects the bass any, and try a different player than your using just to rule that out aswell, also check any software controls you have for the soundstorm, check bass, etc all that.

Good luck

Jul 9, 2004 at 4:43 PM Post #29 of 61
My room is about 11X11 ft, I just plugged in my z640s, and my z560s only sound a little bit better. Now i know there is something wrong. I believe its my soundstorm setings. The subwoofer control on it doest work, and i`ve tryed all the settings it seems like. I think i`ll go to best buy and pick up a nice soundcard, if that doesnt work then i`ll return it and scrath my head some more. the bass is boomy when i turn the speakers up past half volume but its too loud. But thats only on certai songs. Man, if i knew what was going to happen i wouldnt of bought them.

Jul 9, 2004 at 4:56 PM Post #30 of 61
I think you can save the money of trying another sound card. Judging by the difficulties (and I don't mean this offensively) you've encountered thus far, I susepect installing a PCI card might present you with problems. Further the line-out, even if it were a crappy one would not likely be the culprit in delivering bass-less sound. Particularly if it worked perfectly with your other setup. I suspect you might have inverted the polarity of the speaker cables or something. Disconnect everything and connect is again being careful to make sure everything is in order.

If that doesn't settle the problem/bring them to your liking then return the speakers for a refund and go with a more recommended/better reviewed option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back