My youtube channel for movie fans
Mar 3, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #31 of 39
Who knew zombies were more than just moaning, flesh eating monsters? In my latest video I explore what it is about the zombie phenomenon that hits so deep, and tells us more about ourselves than any daytime soap ever could.

Mar 12, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #32 of 39
Cobra Kai brought alot of people around to the awesomeness of The Karate Kid. But our culture's current love affair with anti-heroes makes Daniel LaRusso stand out as part of a seeming bygone era of cinematic heroism. PLEASE NOTE THAT NEW VIDEOS WILL NOW RELEASE FRIDAY INSTEAD OF WEDNESDAY.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #33 of 39
Spielberg's first "serious movie" was something no one expected. A black story that seemed to have little to do with his previous output. But all of Spielberg's previous protagonists were people struggling in a world that didn't understand them. The Color Purple is no different. And at its core, it's a feminist empowerment movie. Let's take a look.

Mar 26, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #34 of 39
Her was my second favorite movie of 2013, but with time it may now be #1. Its themes of loneliness and isolation in the digital age of "connectivity" were extremely fascinating, so I had to do a video about it.

Apr 2, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #35 of 39
Contact is one of those movies I never get tired of watching. Besides being part of the first wave of DVDs in the format's infancy (and one of the first I bought), it's a fascinating look into the "what if" scenario of contact with an alien species. And Zemeckis does an amazing job mixing a kind of docu-realism with the needs of dramatic fiction. Let's take a look at one of the best sci-fi movies ever made.

Apr 9, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #36 of 39
Turns out disaster movies are more than just mindless spectacle and eye candy. They are a window into our psyche as a species. Let's dive into what makes disaster movies so compelling.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #37 of 39
Very proud to have hit 1K subscribers on my youtube channel. Many thanks to all who continue to support. Today it's all about the movie that had alot to do with inventing the mullet. The Lost Boys.

Apr 23, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #38 of 39
Spotting plot holes seemed to emerge from the "gotcha" culture of the internet in the new millennium, and The Dark Knight was one its biggest targets. In this video I go over the phenomenon of the plot hole and whether or not it matters in cinema.

May 5, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #39 of 39
Eyes Wide Shut is as enigmatic today as it was at the turn of the century. Kubrick's final statement is a cautionary tale about the dangers of infidelity and the dreamlike spells we cast over ourselves when we allow our minds to wander and disconnect from reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back