My X3 has arrived!
Jan 9, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 10
Hi Stupour,

Looks like you are about 20h ahead of me. Hope all is going smoothly. Mine is charging as I type.
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers... Brian

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 10
It all went without a hitch, charged it, flashed it to 2.1, Inserted a fat32 card, loaded music, playing music.
Not one problem what so ever and it does sound very nice, very impressed.
I don't know why some people have problems with it, well i do, user error LoL

Awesome product :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 10
Excellent! I'm listening to some test tracks now (awesome stuff at http://www.2l.no/ if you like classical) and will try the firmware update tomorrow after I get a 32GB card. I have a 64GB card ready for music, but am reluctant to use it for FW. I couldn't be happier with the sound (X3 + E12 + Etymotic 4s).

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #6 of 10
How nice. :) Wish I could say I had the same first experience. I have used mine for probably 5-6h since I received it in the mail this week. Today on the bus music just stopped playing after a track, and it's happened before. When I pressed the menu button all I saw was the background image and then the player froze. Had to reset it 3h later when I had gotten home. Was a long a boring bus ride for sure.

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #7 of 10
Sorry to hear that kallelito. I hope I don't run into those kinds of frustrations. So far, so good... I figured out how to add album art using foobar (select -> right click -> tagging -> attach pictures -> front cover and then find the appropriate image file) and all my music now displays the album cover during playback. I suppose artist/genre/album tags are next for me. Or, perhaps, I'll see if I can cobble together a way to generate play lists while keeping album tracks in order.

Cheers... Brian

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #9 of 10
  How nice. :) Wish I could say I had the same first experience. I have used mine for probably 5-6h since I received it in the mail this week. Today on the bus music just stopped playing after a track, and it's happened before. When I pressed the menu button all I saw was the background image and then the player froze. Had to reset it 3h later when I had gotten home. Was a long a boring bus ride for sure.

I believe that pressing and holding the power button for a longish time will sometimes resolve these issues if you don't have anything suitable to hand to reset.

Jan 12, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 10
It has been faultless :)
I'm awaiting arrival of some more micro SD cards.....
I ripped my entire lib many years ago straight to mp3 for portable devices (mainly 160GB classic) and am now re-ripping to wav/flac :)
I am very happy with the X3, it's the best piece of tech I have bought for many years :)

Go FiiO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back