My "Wonderful" DT660 BROKE today
Apr 4, 2015 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

GustavMahler

Flipping items bought from members on Audiogon.
Aka: GradoLove, Kamilion, opencan, TheBigMuse
Well, you wonder how much tume it takes for the beyer DT660 to break in?
Well, That i don't know. But what i do know is that it takes about a few months for it to break!
I just took them gently off my head today, And i noticed that the part that spins and connects the earcup to the headband completely broke. The build quality of thhose not very cheap headphones is awful. Now i guess i won't even be able to use my warranty, Even though it's solely a build quality problem, I have done nothing wrong. I only had ot for about four months.
I suggest you be careful when you buy a Beyerdynamic headphones. 
I know that it may be the last time i buy one of their headphones. Maybe only the higher end ones. I really do hope they actually care about the build quality of the T1.

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 20
Try DT150s next. They'll take some breaking. A steam roller or a drop from 100ft onto concrete might do it I suppose.

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 20
Or a thermo nuclear device.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 20

Only tume will tell, I guess. 
tongue.gif

BTW, when are you going to write another symphony? We're all hanging out.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 20
Well, That i don't know. But what i do know is that it takes about a few months for it to break!
I just took them gently off my head today, And i noticed that the part that spins and connects the earcup to the headband completely broke. The build quality of thhose not very cheap headphones is awful. Now i guess i won't even be able to use my warranty, Even though it's solely a build quality problem, I have done nothing wrong. I only had ot for about four months.
I suggest you be careful when you buy a Beyerdynamic headphones. 
I know that it may be the last time i buy one of their headphones. Maybe only the higher end ones. I really do hope they actually care about the build quality of the T1.

Don't you think you should contact Beyer and see what they can do for you???

If not, send them to me as they are junque to you, and I'll contact Beyer, have them repaired, and keep them for myself.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 20
Seriously though they have a 2 year warranty. Get then fixed and enjoy. My 440s with sane head band are far from flimsy. Your unlucky things happen but please don't generalise about a great company that make quality headphone.

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #8 of 20
I contacted beyer. Let's see what happens. Anyway, I won't generalise about beyer headphones, But the build quality of the DT660 is awful. I do mean it.
And my next symphony-
I have reincarnated and now i am alive again. You are speaking with my reicarnation right now.
My new self is pretty young, So he needs to learn composition and conducting before he can become the whole new me.
It will happen in the close future. Just wait, And my eleventh symphony will be created! (Thanks Deryck Cooke for helping me out!)

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 20
Went through 2 pairs of DT770s with a bass-induced rattle in the left earcup. Sent the 2nd pair to the Beyer repair center and they did nothing to fix it. I know I'm not the only person on Head-Fi or anywhere else who has had this issue. The build quality of Beyerdynamic headphones leaves a lot to be desired, and for a headphone to have rattling issues is unacceptable to me. I have enough issues with the door panels rattling in my car. When I put on my headphones it's always a treat to hear clean bass without those annoying rattles.

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #10 of 20
Went through 2 pairs of DT770s with a bass-induced rattle in the left earcup. Sent the 2nd pair to the Beyer repair center and they did nothing to fix it. I know I'm not the only person on Head-Fi or anywhere else who has had this issue. The build quality of Beyerdynamic headphones leaves a lot to be desired, and for a headphone to have rattling issues is unacceptable to me. I have enough issues with the door panels rattling in my car. When I put on my headphones it's always a treat to hear clean bass without those annoying rattles.

If you want to here rattles or 'grattles' try a Grado and you you wont believe what some people accept as character. the new foam discs  http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spareparts/schaumstoffscheibe-1.html are supposed to protect better against hair intrusion, something which I've never experienced on a Beyer.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 20
Google grattle

some ps500s I had briefly before returning were worse, Buzzing distortion both sides from new.

Apr 5, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #13 of 20
Im generalising now of course

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #14 of 20
  I have reincarnated and now i am alive again. You are speaking with my reicarnation right now.
My new self is pretty young, So he needs to learn composition and conducting before he can become the whole new me.
It will happen in the close future. Just wait, And my eleventh symphony will be created! (Thanks Deryck Cooke for helping me out!)

Something to look forward to indeed.

I hope you're aware that in your previous incarnation you were gay.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back