My Westone 3s have broken for the third time.
Dec 23, 2010 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RedSox

100+ Head-Fier
I got my first pair about two years ago and I've loved them when they worked. However, some of the drivers on one side inevitably die in my experience. They've been good about replacements but I don't want to have to keep replacing them over and over again. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it time to try a different brand/model?

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 4
I've been fine with my UM2s for over 2 years but my UM3Xs have the same problem as your Westone 3s less than half a year of owing them, still waiting for them to be sent back. Could it be that they have worse quality control nowadays?

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 4
I bought my Westone 3's on 23rd of December last year, so it's just been a year.  In that period I've had them die on me twice,similar problems, I think, one side would use sound, not sure if it's a problem with the drivers or the cable.  This is my third pair now (they exchanged my old one with new pairs), and I'm praying third time's a charm since warranty just ran out....

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Yup, on my third pair of westone 2's.  First one nozzle came away, second pair the right side died.  I like the idea of reshelling into customs but am a bit wary incase this happens again.  May look at tips instead.  Iheadphones (place where I bought them from and have no affiliation too)were fantastic both times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back