My Westone 3 just broke
Apr 22, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #16 of 33
:runs to remove olives from W3: I seriously just took them off while i'm not using them after seeing this. I have already stretched the tubes anyway before putting them on and I only use them when I dont need the isolation of UM56. the freezer trick is well documented; but obviously not well enough to save yours. I think Westone will honour it as they mention them as compatible. I would send them an email link to this thread with all the people saying they should.

Apr 22, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #18 of 33
Earphone Solutions are saying that "all warranty claims are handled directly with the manufacturer", so I've emailed Westone themselves. However, they also said they "don't know if Westone would cover this under warranty since it broke when you were handling it and most likely there would be a way to remove the plastic from the nozzle without damaging it".

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #19 of 33
That sounds like a pretty standard answer. However, it's not like you were manhandling your W3's when trying to take off the olives, and I'm sure that Westone will understand. If email doesn't work, I'd strongly recommend you call them, so that they can HEAR the frustration in your voice. They have verified in the past that Shure Olive tips are compatible with the W3's, so they need to stand by that, and help replace your product.

That, and maybe make a public announcement on their Website, advising W3 users NOT to use the Olives.

However, has this been an issue with previous Westone models (UM1, UM2), where the Olive tips would be extremely hard to remove without possibly breaking the shaft?

Apr 22, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 33
my condolence

what happend to you is just hard for me to imagining.

my W3's earpiece is seems always not big enough to fit the Olive foam..whar im worried that olive foam was not fasten

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #24 of 33
Just got the RMA email from Westone... you can count me as 'very impressed'.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #25 of 33
That's great to hear! Are they covering the replacement of the W3's?

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #27 of 33
That's excellent...and very noble of them. I understand they have gone on record to say olives are compatible but I'm sure they never anticipated these sticking problems. And to think they shortened W3 nozzle to lessen the probablility of the tip breaking...and it still did. Certainly frustrating for them knowing it would never happen with one of Westone's own tips.

Apr 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #29 of 33
The Boatman;5628200 said:
Earphone Solutions are saying that "all warranty claims are handled directly with the manufacturer",

wew..I broke my SA6 (The chrome fell off)..when removing the AGAIN SHURE OLIVE...soundearphones did all the warranty responsibility and sent me a new one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back