My Wallet is talking to me...
Feb 5, 2003 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Subsonic

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in a little dilema. My wallet is urging me to buy something really really expensive ($600-800)
frown.gif
. But I'm torn between what I should splurge on. I always wanted to get a nice Digital Camera, but now that I have gotten myself in to this god awful hobby
wink.gif
, I'm also thinking on upgrading my cdp and/or getting another pair of headphones to give my HD600's a rest. I dunno....what would you do? And no...I can't get all three unfortunately.

Feb 5, 2003 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 11
Beat some sense into your wallet with a sledgehammer, wrap it in duct tape and dip it in quick dry epoxy. If that doesn't work toss it in a safe and throw away the key. Or you could just give it to me for safekeeping....
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 11
You might want to add the Philips DVD963SA to your list. From what I have read about it around here, it is probably better than the NAD.

Feb 5, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 11
I'm all about more variety of toys so get the camera.

Feb 5, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #5 of 11
I see your from Oakland. I can make you a great deal on a bridge!
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 11
From your profile, you have nice amps and phones. I would say a new source and IC's.

You have a very understanding wallet. Wish mine could be as kind and understanding.
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 11
I voted for the camera.
I just bought my first digital camera. Now I can post pictures to Head-Fi
cool.gif

I pondered buying a new source or a pair of AT wood headphones, but I got the camera. I am glad I did.
Besides, I didn't have enough money for the source I want, Arcam FMJ.

Feb 6, 2003 at 6:58 AM Post #9 of 11
mine keeps saying "No Mas!," but I just keep ignoring it.

I just bought a Monarchy SM70 class A amp for my K1000 and was already thinking of replacing the bridge rectifiers with Motorola MUR810s. Luckily C.C.Poon is putting in his high speed / low noise rectifiers for free.

Next step is a passive pre-amp. And I;'m working on interconnects.

so there's always something you can buy. Why not just keep saving until you have enough for the Headroom Max?

Then of course you can get into DACs with your present set up, hospital grade recepticles, power conditioners, hospital grade power cables, etc.

It'll never end. sob.

Feb 6, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg
From your profile, you have nice amps and phones. I would say a new source and IC's.

Ditto. You won't go wrong with the Philips.

You'll only need a digital camera if you want to sell any of your stuff. . . .

Feb 6, 2003 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Why not just keep saving until you have enough for the Headroom Max?

Now that's a little too much money for me to spend (on one item). Plus, I'll be building a balanced bridge version of the KGCA in a few weeks
smily_headphones1.gif
. Which reminds me that I need to get some dual mono cables for my hd600's =(. Arggghh...the endless list of goodies. I do need pics of my completed projects...

Quote:

You might want to add the Philips DVD963SA to your list

I've been scanning through some of the reviews and the Philips does sound promising. It's also more forgiving on my wallet.

After arguing with throughout the night, I think we have finally come to an agreement. We'll wait until next month, that way we can can get both a digicam and new IC's. And maybe in a few months a new DVD/CD player.

Until then....I'm getting out the duck tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back