My vote for headphone of the year
May 19, 2005 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gouki

Head-Fier
OK, maybe not headphone of the year. Its not even a headphone.

The Sharp MD33 earphones has to be one of the best buy I've ever made.

I still haven't touched my eggos, nor the senns. The Sharp just kicks arse and I am not joking.

Anyway, if Headfi ever post a "headphone of the year" award, the Sharp must surely be the among the candidates.

PS. This is probably my 3rd thread on the Sharp.

May 19, 2005 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 7
Gouki
HI: I really like your enthusiasm for the sharp earphones. I think it is great that you are so happy with the cans. Please keep up your post and give us the pep up for high-fi enjoyment. Thank you.

May 19, 2005 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 7
DT231. Way underrepresented/underpraised here.
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 7
My vote for headphones of the year would easily have to goto the px100, they sound amazing for $50, and they are so portable.

May 19, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 7
Well if by "headphone of the year" you mean headphones released this year, I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would say the Shure E4c or UE Super.fi line. But it looks more like a "favorite budget headphone" thread, which my vote goes to the KSC75 and ER-6. I'd love to try some low end Grados, even though eventually I plan on getting some SR-225s probably. My brother wants new headphones for his birthday, thinking of splitting the cost of some SR-60s with my sister. He's more of a speaker guy, and for headphones just wants something that sounds decent. SR-60s are kind of out of the price range he wants us to spend, but I'm convinced he'll think it's worth it...

May 19, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #7 of 7
In my mind, the "headphones of the year" award goes to the SA5000. If all that Iron Dreamer and gsferrari have said is right on, I predict these will surpass the 650 and 880 as a favorite among accuracy lovers. Too bad they don't sell those in Canada. All we have is the SA3000 for CND$ 599.99 and no one carries those except Sony Store and they don't even have them in stock, so I can't try them...damn Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back