My Vmoda Vibes just fell in a glass of water!!!
May 6, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #16 of 32
here is what you do.

Take 99% isopropanol alcohol, put the affected parts in it. just swish them around for a few seconds, then put them in front of a fan for a bit.

The alcohol will help evaporate the water much quicker, and leave less residue.

I have done this when ive had accidents with my watercooling in my PC.

May 6, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #17 of 32
Whenever things like this happen, I always put it under a desk lamp with a 60 watt bulb. This helps warm it up to speed up the drying process. I use the alcohol trick if it dropped in something very conductive like salt water.

May 6, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here is what you do.

Take 99% isopropanol alcohol, put the affected parts in it. just swish them around for a few seconds, then put them in front of a fan for a bit.

The alcohol will help evaporate the water much quicker, and leave less residue.

I have done this when ive had accidents with my watercooling in my PC.

this makes sense intuitively. however, the results may vary. i did this to a pair of earbuds, thinking i can clean off some earwax the easy way. boy was i wrong: apparently, the drivers have some sort of coating over them, and the rubbing alcohol took all of that off. result: degraded sound quality.

May 6, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #19 of 32
I couldnt wait till tommorrow because I am an impatient prick.

They are sounding well as usual.

As i said, they were under water for just a fraction of asecond. I didnt put them in an oven or anything crazy like that.

They are good to go, so I will need a different reason to get the ER4Por the E4c . Maybe drown them for longer ?
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #20 of 32
Put them in the dishwasher or the garbage disposal and be done with it just don't do it while wearing them.

May 6, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #22 of 32
Ya IPA is hit or miss, some coatings are completely resistant while others come right off, SONY headphones have washable coating and will be ruined by an alcohol bath, it shorts out the drivers and they basically don't function much at all. But the good news is I ended up with e4c's because of it.

May 6, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by alitomr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldnt wait till tommorrow because I am an impatient prick.

They are sounding well as usual.

As i said, they were under water for just a fraction of asecond. I didnt put them in an oven or anything crazy like that.

They are good to go, so I will need a different reason to get the ER4Por the E4c . Maybe drown them for longer ?
rolleyes.gif

Told you - water can't push air out of such a small space when it is restricted by small entry points such as the mesh v-mode use and that tiny port. Let this be a lesson to you - never never never sit 'inside your computer' holding a 'glass of water' and then allow your headphones to drop into the glass... with all that electric shunting about all over the place you could electrocute yourself and you don't want that do you
wink.gif

May 6, 2007 at 11:25 AM Post #24 of 32
Microwave? No, Regular oven? yes
smily_headphones1.gif

I dropped my cell phone off the jetty into the sea last summer and it spent a good 5-10mins on the bottom before I fished it up with the help of a wooden plank...

I put it in my oven on 50c over night and it worked just fine after that, I ordered a new phone when it happened because I didn't think it would survive but it did and probably still works to this day if I would bother firing it up.
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #25 of 32
well... basically... most of the modern electronic would not be damage if you drop them into water with out electricity running. if you drop your phone into water, get the phone, and take off the battery as fast as you can, and let it dry

For electronic with out batteries, just take off anything connection to it, then let it dry. I even wash my keyboard.... so is not a big problem

May 6, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Microwave? No, Regular oven? yes
smily_headphones1.gif

ah but the microwave would be much more fun, plus it would have also meant he could have definatly gone out and bought those E4c's LOL
wink.gif

May 6, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #28 of 32
I would wash electronics in distilled water after making sure the battery or other electrical source was off (as mentioned in other posts) and slowly dry it or use a hair dryer.

May 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #29 of 32
just dump them in a air tight jar with silica gel, a few hours and the moisture will be all sucked out. it's a similar concept to the westone monitor savers.
<http://www.westone.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/online-store/scstore/p-79225.html?L+scstore+tcgf3468ffc33dc3+1186505423>

May 6, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenhwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just dump them in a air tight jar with silica gel, a few hours and the moisture will be all sucked out. it's a similar concept to the westone monitor savers.
<http://www.westone.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/online-store/scstore/p-79225.html?L+scstore+tcgf3468ffc33dc3+1186505423>

Great suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back