My visit to the William Ralston high-end music listening room at The University of the South in Sewanee
Jun 23, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #16 of 18
Very nice, although Wilson is far from my favorite. Tell them do to the right thing - go Rockport!
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #17 of 18
The equipment selection was in part based on the make providing a good special price given the fact that this is a not-for-profit University and the exposure that the room will provide.  Still, one can hardly argue that Wilson was a poor choice, although like you it would not have been my personal first choice.

Jun 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
The equipment selection was in part based on the make providing a good special price given the fact that this is a not-for-profit University and the exposure that the room will provide.  Still, one can hardly argue that Wilson was a poor choice, although like you it would not have been my personal first choice.

Oh, certainly one can do worse than Wilson, and anything that introduces more people to our hobby (particularly without the "buy or get out" high-end dealer attitude) is good. Still, if the Wilsons can't be changed, maybe the headphones at least can. The DT1350 would be a much better choice than the 770.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back