My Visit to Sleek Audio Today My Review of Their Lab
Jan 29, 2009 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
Let me start with this "Disclaimer". I never met Jason or anyone from Sleek Audio before today. I have not been given any favors or equipment for writing this review. This visit was so exceptional, I simply could not "not write it"

Today I drove down to Palmetto Fl, the new home of Sleek Audio. Roundtrip it was about 125 miles. I can tell you it was worth every minute and every mile to meet with the gang there.

I was absolutely floored with the "Royal Treatment" I received. At one point I was feeling a little guilty about accepting such treatment. This was the kind of reception that would be ordinarily expected for Audio companies, Reporters and the like.

Just a little Joe-Lunch-Bucket Guy
smile.gif
like me getting my impressions made. Hell the reception was almost worth the price of the Customs.

Jason was so Professional, astute, and courteous. You could tell he was so involved with another music lover. Making the sale would always be important, but I kept getting the impression that Jason was getting much more out of our visit than a sale.

He took me on a tour of the new facilities which was very nice. I got to go into the Lab where all the work is done. These guys even have a device to test and yank, etc each cable to make sure it is strong. I hope I remembered correctly, but I think Jason indicated he believes in burn-in and does so before the units leave.

I met Bill the lead-tech, and he was a joy to talk to. He took time from his busy schedule to show me the entire process from beginning to end. I mean busy (these guys got slammed with orders at CES). Bill showed great enthusiasm for his work. He certainly is no clock-watcher as best I could see. I also met andrew who often takes time to answer some questions for Head-Fiers interested in there products.

I'm sorry for whoever I may have forgotten, but my hat is off to the entire crew. These guys are top notch professionals who enjoy what they do.
I was able to pry very little info out of Jason about the near future of the product line, but Jason was quick to assure me that some exciting times were just ahead. When I tried to get an inside scoop he quickly and very politely indicate his choice not to comment.

Jason took the time to explain how through experience, it is best to assemble his work in-house. Frankly, I had a hard time envisioning how they make much money, given the quality of materials (cables no longer an issue), product assembled in the USA. Marketing, R&D etc makes one see these guys are making long-term investments in what they believe and standby.

If I sound excited I am. I can hardly wait for my new Customs

Thanks to all the Gang at Sleek. You provided an exciting behind the scenes look at great company. Keep up the good work.
darthsmile.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 19
Palmetto is that the bradenton site or have you guys moved shop?

How far is it from orlando anyway i might be headed there this year might nip in to say hello.
wink.gif

When you were with bill you didn't happen to spy a black/clear glitter set of customs by any chance?
wink.gif

Nice to hear sleek is inundated with orders from ces, from my experience they deserve to become bigger and better.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Palmetto is that the bradenton site or have you guys moved shop?

They did move from Bradenton to Palmetto

How far is it from orlando anyway i might be headed there this year might nip in to say hello.
wink.gif

I'd say about 105 miles. I went from Lakeland and it was pretty quick and easy.

When you were with bill you didn't happen to spy a black/clear glitter set of customs by any chance?
wink.gif

Bill said they could do glitter on anything. In fact they are doing all kinds of logos.

Nice to hear sleek is inundated with orders from ces, from my experience they deserve to become bigger and better.
smily_headphones1.gif

They sure do. It is a top-notch customer outfit. Expect lots more from them.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #5 of 19
The black/clear glitter comment was me hoping you spied my customs being made, not out of impatience im just dying to see the things heh.
wink.gif

What is their new address might have a nose on google maps, i trust bradenton was further from orlando?

Bill is a top guy which is why i left him alone to work his magic, nothing worse than having a customer badgering every day for updates.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

The black/clear glitter comment was me hoping you spied my customs being made, not out of impatience im just dying to see the things heh.
wink.gif

What is their new address might have a nose on google maps, i trust bradenton was further from orlando?

Bill is a top guy which is why i left him alone to work his magic, nothing worse than having a customer badgering every day for updates.
wink.gif

I couldn't agree w/ you more about Bill.

Address: 600 8TH AVE W. PALMETTO It is up on the 3rd floor. They have the whole floor. Lots of square footage.

When did you order them?

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 19
Its roughly a two hour drive from Orlando assuming you dont hti Disney traffic. I use to make the commute every weekend while I was going to school there.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't agree w/ you more about Bill.

Address: 600 8TH AVE W. PALMETTO It is up on the 3rd floor. They have the whole floor. Lots of square footage.

When did you order them?

Order oh god umm
Ah got it 2nd january impressions arrived on the 16th but im patient, i'll fire him an email sometime next week to see how he's getting on.

Two hours hmm, im assuming the highways are easy to drive on, i really need to brush up fast about driving, totally different to over here, we drive on the left for a start and have these things called roundabouts.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Order oh god umm
Ah got it 2nd january impressions arrived on the 16th but im patient, i'll fire him an email sometime next week to see how he's getting on.

Two hours hmm, im assuming the highways are easy to drive on, i really need to brush up fast about driving, totally different to over here, we drive on the left for a start and have these things called roundabouts.
wink.gif

Yeah the drive is very easy, basically just have to get up to speed and hit cruise control
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the drive is very easy, basically just have to get up to speed and hit cruise control
wink.gif

Yep! It took me an hour from Lakeland. I am 40-45 miles from Lakeland depending on where at in Orlando you are. I have to imagine 2 hours would be tops.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #11 of 19
Well id imagine it'd be a touristy area, palmetto looks lovely btw least from google anyway, looks like a new development going on, looks like a much better area to be working in.
wink.gif

Either way i'll give you guys a shout if i am over there it's not 100% atm.

Andrew any chance you can have a nose at the customs while bill sneaks off for a break.
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Well id imagine it'd be a touristy area, palmetto looks lovely btw least from google anyway, looks like a new development going on, looks like a much better area to be working in.
wink.gif

Either way i'll give you guys a shout if i am over there it's not 100% atm.

Andrew any chance you can have a nose at the customs while bill sneaks off for a break.
wink.gif

Just make sure to give us a heads up first by emailing me and I can set up some sort of an appointment and give you the tour.

I can try sneaking back there for you, whats the name on the order?

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Darren bray, would be great if you could, just a teeny update to keep me sweet.
wink.gif

alright, I'll try right now. Time to go into ninja mode
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back