My visit to EARWERKZ!
May 12, 2015 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rwalkerphl

100+ Head-Fier
I had recently created a post looking for advice on the best solution for headphones for plane travel. I decided to go the CIEM route, and living in the Atlanta area, I realized recently that I am not too far away (60 miles) from Jack Vang at Earwerkz. I reached out to Jack last week asking about a visit, and received a quick response that was very welcoming of me to not only visit and take a look around, but also try out the full range of models available.

We agreed on 11am last Monday, and I got there a few minutes early, and met Dean (who did the ear impressions later on), and the was warmly welcomed by Jack. Jack is about one of the nicest and friendliest people I have ever met! Just an awesome guy! 

We convened in their conference room, and I pulled out my iPhone and new C5D. I used a combination of Mark Knopfler, The Unthanks, Sting and a sprinkling of Marillion for testing. As we worked through each of the models, Jack took notes, and we discussed the soundscapes. Comparing my Shure SE535 Universals with custom ear molds, the Supra 2’s beat them from the start! As we walked through, there were older models and newer designs, and I noticed the similarity in the older models. I ended up A-B’ing the Legend R’s and Omega’s for the majority of the time, and ended up settling on the Legend’ R’s - both were just excellent sound signatures, but I am not a bass forward type person, and found the clarity of the Legend R’s to be just wonderful to listen to! As a bonus, Jack asked me to try out a cable they are demoing to sell - I was amazed the difference it made, widening the sound stage - definitely going to be getting one of them when Jack starts offering them!

Once my selection was made, Dean took my ear impressions. As a bonus, I had just bought some UERM’s from FlySweep, and Dean made a second set of impressions to take with and send of for reshelling! Then I had a quick look around the production areas to see how the IEM’s are manufactured (all on premise in Buford GA!), and I headed home after being there for a good couple of hours.

Over all, in all cases, the quality of the products, and the passion that Jack has for his products and service tells me that we are going to hear a lot more about Earwerkz in the future!

Thanks Jack for a wonderful visit, I am very excited to about getting a set of the Legend R’s!

May 13, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 6
Nice write up, Robert!  Glad you found the trip worthwhile.. I miss my UERMs.. but I'm glad they're in good hands/ears 
wink_face.gif
.  The Legend -R's are really quite nice.. excited to hear about the cable they've got in the works, too.

May 13, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 6

Hey Flysweep,

Jack was surprised when I mentioned about your UERM's, as he said you liked them so much. He also mentioned your Legend's were in for the Omega upgrades - I'm sure that'll make up for it :)

Robin.

May 13, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #6 of 6
  Hey Flysweep,

Jack was surprised when I mentioned about your UERM's, as he said you liked them so much. He also mentioned your Legend's were in for the Omega upgrades - I'm sure that'll make up for it :)

Robin.

haha.. yep, I've told him how much the UERM's rock .. I miss them so much that there might be another pair in my ears sometime soon .. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back