My Velodyne Vpulse has not much bass! :(
Oct 2, 2014 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WalkingCarpet

New Head-Fier
Recently got these and the bass is underwhelming, only slightly better than my Apple Earpods :frowning2:
I contacted Velodyne and they say bass should 'impress'.

Reckon they are defective???

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 5
It might be that you aren't getting a decent seal. To get good bass, you need a good seal. Did you try using other tips?

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #4 of 5
The CX300II is described as being slightly bassier than the CX300, but still rather similar and rather mediocre. Imo the $12 Soundmagic ES18
sounds better than the original CX300. I have the original CX300, not the CX300II. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/598627/review-soundmagic-es18-measured

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 5
I agree with JK1. You gotta have a good seal with earbuds to get good bass. I also agree with Velodyne in that the bass should impress. I still haven't found an earbud that can hit as low with such quality. I have the ultrasone pro900 and those hit ALMOST as low frequency wise as the vpulse, but earbuds are a whole different animal. I really enjoy the quality and richness of the vpulses and am amazed at how much these get slept on. I also have the cx300's and they are total garbage in the bass dept. People who like flat frequency response say the cs300's have bass but they are straight snowflake bass. For reference, I have hd650 (only really hits with eq and or digizoid), xb500, ultrasone pro900, d2000, and d5000. All of which have decent bass. Your vpulses should bass supreme, escpecially with a digizoid (the best bass invention ever).

Role

Users who are viewing this thread

Back