My V-Moda M100s were stolen... Need some options.
Dec 6, 2013 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HifiPenguin

New Head-Fier
Well I currently own a pair of Grado SR80s, which I primarily use for rock genres. I have my AD700s for classical music, anime, and gaming. I had my M100s for electronic (especially trance) and hip hop music. 

So basically my M100s were my portable headphones that I took everywhere, but I did not expect them to be stolen from my backpack because they're not Beats (I am kind of proud of that someone thought they were worth stealing). The problem now is I just ordered my Boom Mic and the XL Pads 
confused.gif

I will continue to search for them in my school for the next couple of weeks, but if I an unable to find them I am heavily considering a replacement:

1. V-Moda M100 (again... perhaps in white rather than shadow) 
2. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro $150 on Amazon (that's like half of what they were last time I checked these out)
3. Sennheiser HD650 about $360

If I do end up getting options (2) or (3) then I will probably rebuy the V Moda M80s for like $90 so I can still put the Boom Mic to use as well as having closed headphone that I can use outside of my home.

What do you guys recommend? I have not frequented these forums much since last yr. when I was deeply satisfied by my M100s. Basically I am looking for an upgrade from the M100s, hence why I am looking at open headphones.

I know the M100s are not the best sounding headphone in their price range, but the aesthetics, durability, and portability greatly influenced the love I had for them

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 2
MrSpeakers Mad Dog
DT770 PRO

I recommend these two because they are so immersive with good bass and detail. They are better than the M100 but as a whole package the M100 are friggin awesome even though they are overpriced and not the best sounding. I'd probably get them again if you can't decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back