My um2's aren't equal.
May 30, 2005 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tayano

100+ Head-Fier
When I plug um2 into my ear I hear much more vocals on the left side but It feels like I hear only treble on my right side. When I try them by just having on of them in the sound is equal and the vocals are equal. My right ear-cannal is tighter then my left one,could it be the reason why it feels like a big part of the music comes from the left ? Should I maybe order custom molds to get them equal or is the UM2 supose to be so ?

Notice that they aren't faulty,I've tried the right side in and the left out,then switched and the soudn was equal when I tried that.It feels like a part of the right side dies the I plug in the left.

May 30, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 7
I think it's the seal that causes this difference. I had some sort of problem when I first tried them... To me my left side was a lot softer and more bluury than the right one. After some trying with the seal (push it further in the ear, twist a little and pull it a very small bit back) the sound became equal on each ear!

Good luck
etysmile.gif
!

May 30, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 7
I think that some early um2's had balance issues. If you do some more listening and are pretty sure they are imbalanced, contact westone, they have very good customer service. They will most likely replace them for free.

May 30, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
I think that some early um2's had balance issues. If you do some more listening and are pretty sure they are imbalanced, contact westone, they have very good customer service. They will most likely replace them for free.

But they are balanced when I try one at the time. But when I have both in they aren't equal. I've listen just to the left side and the unplugged it and plugged in the right after thet and the sound is equal when I compare them ONE BY ONE

May 30, 2005 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 7
It's always possible your ears aren't equal in their response either. I know mine aren't. I figured out a long time ago that one ear is more responsive to treble and one to bass. Annoying, I know
smily_headphones1.gif

For a dramatic difference though, seal is most likely the main problem.

May 30, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
It's always possible your ears aren't equal in their response either. I know mine aren't. I figured out a long time ago that one ear is more responsive to treble and one to bass. Annoying, I know
smily_headphones1.gif

For a dramatic difference though, seal is most likely the main problem.

I've tried with the short comply tips and the long and i've good seal because when I have JUST the right in it sounds right so the seal can not be wrong. But when I insert the left it feels like it's more dominant. Even when i just punch them in and get a semi-seal and try the one by one the sound is equal .

May 30, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 7
I agree with dev. it is probably the seal and your own ear response amplifying the difference, but, I had big problems with imbalanced cans as well, so trust your ears and try to switch them (fit them in backward onto your other ears) and use some plug-in (if you are digital) to switch the channels to see if it is truly the cans or your ears. I think foobar comes with such a plug in default.

Also: I noticed that have to mess with my right ear a lot to get a good seal cause it has a much less uniform shape than my other ear. Them's the breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back