My Ultimate Portable setup: UE11, iMOD V-Cap, TTVJ Millett!, Microbag!
Oct 22, 2007 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

jlingo

500+ Head-Fier
I really don't know which section is the most appropriate for this post. Moderator, please freely move my post to a more suitable section.

Anyhow, I thought I would like to post my ultimate portable gear. I find my current portable setup has great TUBE sound yet it's still in a portable package.

1 Headroom Portable Microbag(Still have plenty of room to store UE11)
2 iMOD 80GB 5.5G
3 Portable V-CAP(Oh! What a Cap! Exceptionally Musical)
4 TTVJ Portable Millett Hybrid Amp(Oh! What a tube amp!!)
5 Ultimate Ears 11 Pro(Oh! What a BIG SOUND!EXCITING!)
Big Picture Slow Server Sorry.
microbag.jpg

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #4 of 29
That thing is serious...

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 29
Soo what do the v caps do to sound?

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 29
www.v-cap.com

V-cap is making the sound more 3 Dimensional, better depth, with texture, and airy floaty. The midrange becomes much sweeter highly emotional. The sound is very articulate, It's got those swinging, pull and push kinda sound. Sorry I don't know the proper way to describe it.

between iPOD and VCap. it's like the comparing the same person singing. One is singing without any emotion flat, and the other one could give you a goose bump. you should be able to tell something easier about how the singer feels.

V-Cap = High Musicality with Emotions!

There are plenty of articles just type Vcap or V-cap or V-Dock in the search bar.

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #9 of 29
That's the exact setup I want. I'm so jealous!

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soo what do the v caps do to sound?

Oh my, you already own a UE-11Pro, you'd better go to any headfi meet and have a listen to Vcap setup with your UE-11Pro, better yet with TTVJ Millett. You will be glad you did. Not your wallet though. hehe.

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my, you already own a UE-11Pro, you'd better go to any headfi meet and have a listen to Vcap setup for UE-11Pro, better yet with TTVJ Millett. You will be glad you did. Not your wallet though. hehe.

Yeah my wallet does not thank my anymore. I picked up my whole setup that I now run within 2 weeks. Think it came in around 2k. Defently want to check out a vcap setup.I love how the ue-11 sound out of the Tomahawk and my 160gb classic.

Oct 22, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 29
Congrats...and LOVE the bag! I have a similar set up and may have to pick that thing up.

RIDE

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a large rig. I believe this might fit better in the portable section, but wow.

Big? well actually its dimension is very similar to the ipod except for the thickness.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Might be the white balance in the pic, but looks like your UE11 cable is starting to turn green?
-Ed

Uhm yes, it's turning green.
smily_headphones1.gif
you really paid attention to this. hehe good eye. You must be a great designer paying attention to the details.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back