My UE10s... Dead :( :( :(
Sep 14, 2007 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

guyverl

100+ Head-Fier
Was in a rush picking up my girlfriend in the car and put my MD player and earphones in the compartment under the handbrake - found that it was getting in the way of the handbrake so I promptly moved both MD player and UE10s to the side compartment...

Opened the car door to check parking and then closed it ...*crunch*... what was that sound???????

:'( :'(

I hadn't put the UE10s in the side compartment properly so when I opened the door the left earpiece had flown out on an apparent suicide mission. When I closed the car door the decapitation was complete (nearly). The left earpiece has been split into two - they're still connected by some of the wires joining the drivers and the circuit board at the top?? Though i've noticed 1 or 2 wires did snap off... The amazing thing is that it stil emits sound.

Does anybody know if UE keep their moulds etc and can remodel one earpiece? I'm not sure I could shell out for another pair
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 17
yeah they do have your impressions on file, so just call them and tell them to send you a replacement... i'm sure i'll cost less than the actual pair itself.

Sep 14, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 17
Ouch! Sorry to hear that
frown.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah they do have your impressions on file, so just call them and tell them to send you a replacement... i'm sure i'll cost less than the actual pair itself.

Oh really? That's damn good news. Will give them a call

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 17
That SUCK! What do the drivers look like? Pics please!

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #8 of 17
Sorry to hear!
Ultimate Ears scan your earmolds, and store them digitally. So should be easy for them to reproduce the left earpiece.

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 17
Misleading thread title. Your UE10s are severely injured.
wink.gif

Sep 14, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #10 of 17
yeh thats a real shame because they are something special, not many of us have cracked open the customs and had a closer look,so how about some close up shots of the drivers and crossover and so on and if they truly are no good and they will be replaced why dont you keep what wires are connected indeed connected and try making your own enclosure for them,im not sure where you would start but experimenting could bring up some nifty results.

hey heres an idea why dont you shove a driver into a shure black foam with the crossover behind it,seal it in place and shove em in your ears playing,na im kiddin but somethin good could come from the bad,have a play,post some pics and then maybe kick start a thread asking what you could do with them

Sep 15, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 17
will see what I can do wrt pictures today

Sep 15, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #12 of 17
^Thanks.

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #14 of 17
I feel for you dude. I once backed up over my friend's skis and boots $1500. ("What the heck was that noise?")

I get nervous just accidently yanking them out of the headphone jack.
I wrote them, and it is a fact that they keep the molds. You might want to use this time to move up to the 11's
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back