My UE pro 11 has a treble rolloff compared to Triple 10! Is that normal?
Jul 15, 2008 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sabatar

100+ Head-Fier
Got my UE 11 about a week ago and they are way ahead of all the IEM's I've tried so far except for high requency. I feel so disappointed because what made me go through th elengthy procedure and the hefty cost was the awesome treble of the Triple 10.
Is this a common thing among all the UE custom 11 sets or is mine with an anomaliy in the high frequency department?

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 4
That's my EXACT impression when I got my UE-11
smily_headphones1.gif

Fortunately, it does open up nicely after about 50-60 hours. Are you using it straight from your DAP or are you using an amp? IMHO, the UE-11 sounds its best when paired with a good amp.

Here's some of my posts on this issue in this humongous UE-11 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f.../index100.html

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the optimistic reply. I hope they'll open up with time.
I don't use an amp between them and the magnificent song NWZ-A829. Everything is just fine and I'm so glad I got the fit perfect with no issues at all, but Triple 10 have better high frequency--way crispier and clearer highs.

I have the headroom balanced desktop amp. I'll try my UE 11 with them, though I can't carry the former around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's my EXACT impression when I got my UE-11
smily_headphones1.gif

Fortunately, it does open up nicely after about 50-60 hours. Are you using it straight from your DAP or are you using an amp? IMHO, the UE-11 sounds its best when paired with a good amp.

Here's some of my posts on this issue in this humongous UE-11 thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f.../index100.html

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #4 of 4
Ah, the Sony A829
smily_headphones1.gif
I used the same player when I posted my comments in tht UE-11 impressions thread. The Sony has a warm and bassy signature, and coupled with the bloated bass of a new pair of UE-11's, it's not a good combination.

When the UE-11 matures, the bloat will disappear, and in comparison to the TF10, you'll get a richer, fuller sound with the nice treble sparkle. I verified it myself by playing back some Sarah Brightman songs - my favourite test for treble quality
smily_headphones1.gif
You just have to be patient. The UE-11 does sound its best with a good amp, however.

Good Luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back