My Trip to UE Headquarters (56ker's beware)
Jun 15, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 31
A UE hip flask?
biggrin.gif
Man maybe its time to diversify to UE!!

It's nice to put a pic to the ops of companies, nice job on the pics.

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I don't live in the US either! I flew down from northern Alberta to Vegas, and drove from Vegas. Then again I guess Sweden is a little further. If you ever ARE in the US though, you've got to check it out. Find a reason to get a 3rd pair of UE11's or something.

I will be visiting the US next summer, and by that time I want the rock-star treatment to get the custom UE-12.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a minute, why do you even have 2 pairs?
biggrin.gif

Well, I convinced my mom to buy UE-11 after she heard my SF5 Pro's, as seen in this thread: My mom is about to get UE-11's

So we sent our impressions in at the same time, with artwork instructions. When we later received them, UE had mixed the impressions up, so I got my mom's artwork with a golden horse shown in my avatar, and she got my translucent black with a silver UE-logo.

We sent mine in for an artwork change, but mom wanted to keep hers as a backup while they were gone (takes us almost three weeks to get the new pair from Sweden).

So when I two weeks ago received our two new pairs there was an even bigger screw-up: They sent us two new pairs fitting my ears! I now have a pair of silver UE-logo translucent black and the golden horse pair.

So when mom later gets her new pair, we will both have two pairs for the price of one (UE told us they would charge a minimal fee for the backup pairs, but it seems they are so sorry for the mess up they will let us have them both for free).

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be visiting the US next summer, and by that time I want the rock-star treatment to get the custom UE-12.
wink.gif

Well, I convinced my mom to buy UE-11 after she heard my SF5 Pro's, as seen in this thread: My mom is about to get UE-11's

So we sent our impressions in at the same time, with artwork instructions. When we later received them, UE had mixed the impressions up, so I got my mom's artwork with a golden horse shown in my avatar, and she got my translucent black with a silver UE-logo.

We sent mine in for an artwork change, but mom wanted to keep hers as a backup while they were gone (takes us almost three weeks to get the new pair from Sweden).

So when I two weeks ago received our two new pairs there was an even bigger screw-up: They sent us two new pairs fitting my ears! I now have a pair of silver UE-logo translucent black and the golden horse pair.

So when mom later gets her new pair, we will both have two pairs for the price of one (UE told us they would charge a minimal fee for the backup pairs, but it seems they are so sorry for the mess up they will let us have them both for free).

Makes you kinda wish for a screw up when this happens.

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #20 of 31
Jordan, let us know what you think of the UE 11's compared to the SE530's. Also, there needs to be another newbie on this site besides me. So when is Joaquin starting to post? : ) When you were gone I started a thread about which format is best to rip CD's onto; AIFF, WAV or Apple Lossless. I must have been the devil. I guess this issue was flogged to death countless times before me. But hey, I learned something. Sorry to all you regulars though.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #21 of 31
sigh.. Only if i was in my 20's and I had the money.. Then I'd go down to irvine and get myself the zippo lighter.. oh and the UE11's
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Makes you kinda wish for a screw up when this happens.

Hell yeah!
biggrin.gif

Only one pair doesn't fit very well, and the other pair, well... it fits adequately.

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #23 of 31
Well done! I am so pleased to read this thread (although i hoped to write it myself someday).
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought that you would walk away with your UE-11s but I guess not.

I'm definitely waiting until I can get to Irvine CA in person before I order my UE-14s with custom nuclear-etched holographic artwork. It could be a while though.

Jun 17, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #24 of 31
i actually mailed them, i wanted to see if i could get or buy the UE zippo, i was told that its only for tradeshows and PR, they dont give them out to individual users, shame,

anyways, they did offer me a shirt,

Jun 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #26 of 31
I'm sure I saw a UE zippo on Ebay once...wish I'd bought it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back