My Thoughts Of the New Sony Walkman A865
Apr 3, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #182 of 516

Quote:
A865 Wallpapers, I know several people have requested them so I though I'd post them here for people to find - I lost mine and Head-Fi member the "TheShadowRunner" was kind enough to email them to me - Enjoy !

Thanks for these.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #183 of 516

One night I spent far too much time browsing 240x400 wallpapers, and here are some of them
smile.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #184 of 516
I'm waiting for my A867 to clear customs from AdvancedMp3Players.co.uk,...it's was supposed to be here YESTERDAY!!!

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #186 of 516
I'm waiting for my A867 to clear customs from AdvancedMp3Players.co.uk,...it's was supposed to be here YESTERDAY!!!

Thought they won't sell the a867 outside of EU. Thanks to my friend who lives in UK, my unit arrived yesterday.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #188 of 516
Quote:
Thought they won't sell the a867 outside of EU. Thanks to my friend who lives in UK, my unit arrived yesterday.

Hope you enjoy them, I know I am enjoying mine :) 

So you were able to purchase the a867 from their site and has it shipped direct to NY? What's your impression of the unit so far? Do you feel the volume of the unit adequate?

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #189 of 516

Quote:
So you were able to purchase the a867 from their site and has it shipped direct to NY? What's your impression of the unit so far? Do you feel the volume of the unit adequate?

Nope, I live in Singapore so I can get it quite easily. Hmm, my impression so far is big sound, wide soundstage and quality bass. Yes, the volume is very loud, I usually listen at around 19-20. 

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #191 of 516

Quote:
Nope, I live in Singapore so I can get it quite easily. Hmm, my impression so far is big sound, wide soundstage and quality bass. Yes, the volume is very loud, I usually listen at around 19-20. 

Thanks for your impression.  Thanks to a good friend who lives in UK, I was able to own the a867.  Volume wise, it is adequate for me using IEM.  I'm doing 19-20 as well via my JH13pro.  Sound wise it isn't a clear cut above the X1060 that I have, more or less a different flavor.  I'll let it burn in for 3 or 4 more days before starting more critical listening.  I wonder if the volume cap does anything to the over all sound quality or not, quite curious.  

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #192 of 516

Quote:
Thanks for your impression.  Thanks to a good friend who lives in UK, I was able to own the a867.  Volume wise, it is adequate for me using IEM.  I'm doing 19-20 as well via my JH13pro.  Sound wise it isn't a clear cut above the X1060 that I have, more or less a different flavor.  I'll let it burn in for 3 or 4 more days before starting more critical listening.  I wonder if the volume cap does anything to the over all sound quality or not, quite curious.  

With my ATH-SQ5 headphone, the least I can go for a decent volume is 22-23. I don't think the volume cap can change anything though, I think they basically lock the higher volumes. 

Apr 7, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #193 of 516
AdvancedMp3Players.co.uk always ships to the USA. I've purchased stuff from them before, like my Sony NWZ-S639. And now I really can't wait for my new toy - damn USA customs!!!:mad:

Apr 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #194 of 516

Quote:
AdvancedMp3Players.co.uk always ships to the USA. I've purchased stuff from them before, like my Sony NWZ-S639. And now I really can't wait for my new toy - damn USA customs!!!
mad.gif

Well it took me a week to get it after shipment from UK.  Like I said earlier, AdvancedMP3 player told me that they won't ship my item due to EU restriction posted on this unit.  So I canceled my order and asked my friend who lives in UK to buy it for me.  Please keep us post on what you think of it.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #195 of 516

Quote:
Quote:
AdvancedMp3Players.co.uk always ships to the USA. I've purchased stuff from them before, like my Sony NWZ-S639. And now I really can't wait for my new toy - damn USA customs!!!
mad.gif

Well it took me a week to get it after shipment from UK.  Like I said earlier, AdvancedMP3 player told me that they won't ship my item due to EU restriction posted on this unit.  So I canceled my order and asked my friend who lives in UK to buy it for me.  Please keep us post on what you think of it.

There was no such restriction for me,...and I've never had them tell me there was ANY restriction before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back