My take on the "ghetto" headphone stand
Aug 8, 2006 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

diredesire

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all, my modest headphone collection is growing, and I needed to clear up some desk space. I looked around for materials, even bought a banana stand. I didn't like any of the headphone "stand"-like get-ups people have been making, so I improvised. I'll let the pics do the talking:

headphonestand1.jpg

headphonestand2.jpg

I more or less screwed some CD Covers (from a 100 CD/DVD spindle) onto the wall, and cut a slit into it, so i could slip the cables inside in coils.

Materials:
1 CD Spindle cover
2 screws
Scissors and/or Exacto knife
Screwdriver

Time spent: approx 5 minutes (takes about 2 total, i had to run to the garage for supplies).

Comments welcome
wink.gif

I dont think they look half bad, either.

Aug 8, 2006 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
Ooh innovative!
It looks like it would stretch your headphones though

The only phone i'm worried about in that category is my ATH-A500s, their "antenna" holders (i'm not sure what they're called) do get a little bit of work when on the stand, but it's actually very, very minor. The radius/curve of spindle covers seem to be just about perfect, IMO. They're wide enough where you get good surface area/contact, and they're not so big where they actually stretch a phone out... (if you look at my grado/HD201s, they're not even moving from their natural curve). I dont like banana holders as they often will leave an indent in the pad that doesn't go away for a considerable amount of time.

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace o' Spades
Here are some pictures of the stand that I made of the same design. Seriously, it only takes 2-5 minutes.

IMG_2399.JPG

IMG_2400.JPG

Haha, I also started tossing my clip ons/IEMs in the spindles, too. ER6is, and KSC-75s rolled up and stuffed inside. I'm really starting to like these
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back