My take on the Dr. Dre Beats headphone scene......
Jan 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zeno

Head-Fier
I have never listened to Hip-Hop music....I did not even know until yesterday the Dr. Dre was a Hip-Hop artist.....that being said, after reading about the Beats here online I came to the conclusion that the "Beats" are all about the Hip-Hop music scene, and that is what they are made for....

I found a review online that confirms this, and says they are pretty much made for Hip-Hop music....the link is at....

http://voices.yahoo.com/beats-solo-hd-headphones-worth-money-8080272.html

So any talk here about the Beats I feel needs to be encased with the notion of what the Beats headphones are designed for, and that is the Hip-Hop music scene....Hip-Hop music is not for me, and as a result the Dr. Dre beats headphones are not for me....I love classic rock, classical (including pipe organ music and harpsichord music), and some ambient electronic music. For me my Grado SR-60 and my AKG K340s fit my music taste, not the Beats. It is more about ones music taste than anything regarding the Dr. Dre Beats headphone debate. The Beats is all about Hip-Hop, pro or con, that's the issue. Just my opinion.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 4

After thoroughly doing comparisons and making sure I was getting the best out of my money, I decided to purchase the Beats Solo HD.

This brings me to my next point: the price of these outrageous headphones. The Beats Solo HDs sell for $199.99 plus tax, which is pretty high for just a pair of headphones.

I know it may sound like a lot (I mean, cmon, $200 for a pair of headphones??) 

I also like how the only time she mentioned the properties of the sound, it was the bass. And it directly contradicted my own experiences with them. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #3 of 4
OK, but if your goal is fidelity, the Beats are a failure at that price point.  And this website is about fidelity.  It doesn't matter what genre you listen to. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back