My take on LCD-2 and HD800
Feb 28, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #136 of 149
Quote:
So true. LMAO it is worse than the heroin addict being strung out. Seems like we are always scheming to get more stuff.  Once we get out of debt we then start working ourself back into it again. At least
L3000.gif
 thats the way it been for me. 

Me to Frank.  Trying to sell a few "CANS" now to fund a new DAC
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #138 of 149
Quote:

Me to Frank.  Trying to sell a few "CANS" now to fund a new DAC
biggrin.gif

I seen it too... Wish I had some money! Those AD2000's are lookin mighty fine.. Good price for the LCD2.2 roseys aswell.  

Feb 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #140 of 149

its the erm... Can't remember the Naim...?

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #147 of 149
For your information...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #148 of 149
Quote:
Yeah certainly not $600 improvement. But thats the problem we have at the mo with the pricing of headphones. There is a lot to spend to get passed the current mid-fi (older flagships) to get 'some' improvement.

I've took a step back into mid-fi with the K701's at the mo and I'm really enjoying them! It's crazy to think that I'd have to spend about $1000 more to upgrade to the HD800's... for the little improvement.  

I have both the lcd2 v2s and the k701s and over time I have to say I prefer the 701s soundstage performance over the lcd2 v2s.But lately I have become enamored of my desktop active monitors the emotiva airmotiv 5s which were ok when I bought them but since I have upgraded the stock fuses in them with the hifi tuning supreme fuses and emotiva power cords they have become my go to solution for music listening.They are are just simply amazing sounding and have much better soundstaging in my nearfield computer setting than either of the lcd2 or k701s.I do not own the 800s but after hearing them at the axpona chicago show I doubt they could come anywhere near the soundstage that I am getting form the airmotiv 5s with the fuse and power cord upgrade.The speakers just disappear at times and the dynamics are surprising for such a diminuative active monitor.They are making it tough to go back to listening with headphones.I have not listened to my headphone setup for over a month maybe a month and a half. I have a great appreciation of active monitors now that I own some.I remembered my first exposure to them years ago when I heard  ATC actives a couple of times many years ago I remembered they did sound pretty impressive.But now that  I own some I am realizing the considerable abilities they possess and am enjoying the experience immensely.  I will eventually go back to my headphone system but for now I am smitten with my active monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back