my szekerers
Nov 4, 2001 at 3:41 PM Post #16 of 19
are you still getting the oscillation ? Looking at your website I noticed the board out of the case had some longish wires to the mosfets.That could be the problem right there.
If you break the wire close to the gate of the mosfet you could insert a resistor of from 100 to 220 ohms.A gate resistor on the board is too far away to do much good

Nov 4, 2001 at 4:00 PM Post #17 of 19
One word: tubes.

You guys really need to ditch the transistors. It's just not worth it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2001 at 4:19 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
are you still getting the oscillation ? Looking at your website I noticed the board out of the case had some longish wires to the mosfets.That could be the problem right there.
If you break the wire close to the gate of the mosfet you could insert a resistor of from 100 to 220 ohms.A gate resistor on the board is too far away to do much good

The amp doesn't exist anymore
cool.gif
I took it apart. I'm busy making the next one, which will have a tube gainstage ( happy, Xander?
tongue.gif
) followed by the szekeres amp, and some more niceties. I will add a description soon to the "future plans" section.

But I was planning to make about the same way as this. So It's good to know that place of the resistor makes so much difference. I will certainly pay attention to this in the new amp. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back