My studio/listening room finally sounds accurate/neutral (and cost only $317)
Mar 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
Hey lunatique. Thanks for the eq suggestions! I went ahead and got a Voxengo linear phase eq. Very nice.

BTW, what LCD monitors do you use? XD I search but only come up with HP refurbished dual monitors.

They're Samsung SyncMaster 244T and SyncMaster 2493HM. I'm not totally happy with either one, and if I were to re-buy them today, I would pick differently. I would still pick Samsung because they have presets where you can switch between different brightness/contrast/color settings fast and easy (for example, for reading a lot of text on a bright background, I use a custom low contrast/brightness setting, and for movies, I use a different setting, and so on). I don't know what other brand offers this, and if other brands offer it too, I might take a look and see what they have to offer.

Mar 10, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

They're Samsung SyncMaster 244T and SyncMaster 2493HM. I'm not totally happy with either one, and if I were to re-buy them today, I would pick differently. I would still pick Samsung because they have presets where you can switch between different brightness/contrast/color settings fast and easy (for example, for reading a lot of text on a bright background, I use a custom low contrast/brightness setting, and for movies, I use a different setting, and so on). I don't know what other brand offers this, and if other brands offer it too, I might take a look and see what they have to offer.

Thanks for all the help! I'll look into the SyncMaster series. That's the only series with the rotating dual screens right? Anyways, it's one step closer to building an awesome man cave like your's. XD

Once I make enough money, I'll try to set up some actual decent speakers. Your setup looks top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back