My Stax've been repaired! Stax Germany deserves some feedback...
Jun 23, 2006 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Don Quichotte

500+ Head-Fier
...and it's quite easy to give it: they are super cool, a pleasure to deal with. My Stax 3030 set was exhibiting a buzzing problem that I described here (scroll down to my post) and the channel balance was not OK. Also, I was getting a little "tick" sound at the cable insertion point into my right phone every time I turned my head.
I wrote to Stax Germany about my problems (many many thanks to Oso for heading me in this direction!) and, after they checked the serial numbers of my gear, they accepted to repair it for free as it was still under warranty. This is very nice, considering that I bought the Stax from a Romanian dealer who was not recognized as such and was not mentioned on the Stax website - so I'm not very sure it was really their duty to do so. Maybe I'm a bit naive, I don't know. They even payed the return shipping to Romania. And they were very nice, we exchanged something like 15 e-mails or so. The only negative aspect was that it took them quite long to repair my unit, but they had warned me it might be so because they had a lot of work and also some holidays.
In the end, they changed my both drivers and also the cable. The channel balance problem was because of the drivers as well.

In conclusion:
1. I remember reading now and then about other members' problems with Stax phones, more or less similar to mine. In case some of them are reading: do not hesitate to send your phones to be repaired, it's almost 100% certain it's a malfunction even if the sound itself is still very good (as was in my case).
2. For European Stax owners, perhaps it's good to know that Stax Germany has some surprisingly nice people.

Jun 23, 2006 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 7
How long did it take them to repair your unit, exactly? I'm planning to send them my unit eventually. *its only a slight problem to my ears though, so it won't be that soon.*

Jun 23, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 7
We have soccer worldcup atm. Don't expect anything in germany to go as fast as usual
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by barkas
We have soccer worldcup atm. Don't expect anything in germany to go as fast as usual
wink.gif

Except the beer drinking.

Jun 23, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by evil-zen
Did they reveal the exact problem of your headphones?

Nope. I am curious too. My guess is this is a typical problem some Stax come with right from the factory and that Stax Germany guys know about it. But it's only a guess...
Quote:

Originally Posted by barkas

It had nothing to do with it, they received the phones around May 6 or 8, I don't remember exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back