My Stax Omega II system just arrived!!
Sep 29, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #31 of 42
Congratulations! The OII is one of the best headphones that I've ever heard!
eek.gif
I like it so much that I hardly ever listen to any of my other headphones...if you are careful then this may not happen to you.
frown.gif

I have never heard the CEC; however, I can vouch for the DA10, it's a very good combo for the OII in my system.

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:40 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by warsurferX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations on your purchases.

Other than your CD player, may I suggest that you upgrade your cables as well
smily_headphones1.gif
Hehe.

I am not a big believer in cables... $100 for a cable is a BIG maximum for me!

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never heard the CEC; however, I can vouch for the DA10, it's a very good combo for the OII in my system.

I am very pleased with the sound of the CEC CD3300/CEC DA53 combo. I am sure that there are better options out there but at this time, I do like what I hear from this system. If I have a chance one day to hear the Omega with another system maybe I will realize what I have missed until then...
wink.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #34 of 42
Nice looking rig. Congratulations.

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Petyot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cables will make or break an SR-007 system. They are so sensitive that the insulation has a big impact but you do not have to spend a whole lot go get a great cable. Just get some silver wire and some insulation and plugs. If you can't solder then you can get plugs with a mechanical contact.

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

They make a bigger difference than one might think. $100 is decent but I'd say get at least a pair of $300 for such an expensive system (silver cables, as spritzer suggested). Of course, higher price dosen't mean higher quality, but you really should look into upgrading your interconnects in the future. It's a very worthwhile investment.

The risk with cheap cables is that they bottleneck your system, vastly limiting it's preformance.

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #37 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They make a bigger difference than one might think. $100 is decent but I'd say get at least a pair of $300 for such an expensive system (silver cables, as spritzer suggested).

Cables certainly make a huge difference in an Omega II system.
I went from a good silver cable ($150 Silver Resolution) to a really great cotton insulated pure silver one ($980 Poiema!!! Signature), and the improvement was wast.

I certainly did not think cables could affect the sound is such manner!
blink.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #38 of 42
I will also add another suggestion to experiment with cables. But the CEC DA53, as decent-sounding as it is, will be a bottleneck in the system.

For better sound, upgrade the source first, then try some cables.

Sep 29, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Unfortunately, I will have to live with that system for a few months...

Life is so hard
rolleyes.gif

You are not unfortunate!
Enjoy it to the full extend, knowing that you have one of the best sounding systems available. And that lots of people dream about having such a system.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #42 of 42
CONGRATULATIONS!

Before upgrade the source, how about the power? I just let my monster HTS 5100 go a couple days ago, and my system sounds dry and flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back