My SR60 are ear fatiguing
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Kikuji

100+ Head-Fier
I'll always have a special place in my heart for my Grado SR60. But, almost 200 hour burned in and it is becoming very ear fatiguing to me. They are not fun headphones anymore.
frown.gif

In 2 days I'll have $175 to spend on new headphones. Any advice on what to buy next? I think I would like to try some sealed headphones.

I mostly listen to Jazz, Classical and some Acoustic Rock.

Thanks,

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 35
If you mean the soreness from the earpads, using the bowls fixed Grado pain for me.
If you mean from the highs, never mind.
Either way, if you can, spend $200 for the new HFI-780's! Well worth it.

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean the soreness from the earpads, using the bowls fixed Grado pain for me.
If you mean from the highs, never mind.
Either way, if you can, spend $200 for the new HFI-780's! Well worth it.

yes, I meaent soreness. I never thought of buying the bowl pads. Are they easy to put on?

I'll go do some research on the HFI-780.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for your input.

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 35
Comfort has always been an evenly split issue for grados. Some people like me hate the feel of Bowls only, because my ear touches the mesh covering the driver directly and feels like sandpaper after 20 minutes. Putting a thin layer of foam under the bowls fixed this for me.

For my ears, the bowls go around my ear completely, so that's why they are horridly uncomfortable unmodded.

It really depends on the size and shape of your ears.

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 35
The bowls actually are circumaural for both my girlfriend and I, but I love them and she hates them. My ears are more flat against my head so they don't really touch the drivers, but hers stick out a little more so it presses against parts of her ear, which make it very uncomfortable for her. As stated, it all depends on your personal preferences and the shape/size of your ear.

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 35
You could also try the yellow HD414 pads, they cost less than the bowls and sound similar. But I use bowls because the yellow is a little too much
biggrin.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailboat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could also try the yellow HD414 pads, they cost less than the bowls and sound similar. But I use bowls because the yellow is a little too much
biggrin.gif

I like yellow. Where can I buy those?

Feb 29, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sennheiser's website, under HD414

Thanks, I just ordered 2 pairs. I hope they are more comfy than the SR60 stock ear pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back