My SR-325i headphones are hurting the top of my head
Dec 14, 2005 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ChaosCow

Head-Fier
The SR-325i headphones are, without a doubt, the heaviest Grados. I previously owned a pair of SR-80s, and I wore them with no problems with the band; sure, the pads would make my ears sore, but I got over it. Plus, with this FANTASTIC Grado flats I got with my purchase, my SR-325i has no problem when it comes to hurting my ears.

However, these things are rather heavy, and even though I have extremely thick hair, the pad puts too much pressure on the top of my head and I can't get comfortable. Granted, the pain is worth the pleasure, and these are phenomenal headphones which I would recommend in a second, but I was wondering if anybody had any solutions.

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 13
Through my SCIENTIFIC testing (holding them one in each and and feeling them), it feels that the SR-325i is a little heavier. The metal casing is responsible for this. The HD-650 has extremely confortable padding, as well, meaning that I don't have to worry about that for them.

But to get an idea of the weight, yeah, they feel a little heavier than the 650s. Actually, significantly enough for me to notice.

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 13
I have had this problem with all grados, get a beyer headband for $7 and no more discomfort
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
I have had this problem with all grados, get a beyer headband for $7 and no more discomfort
smily_headphones1.gif

Where would I go about doing this?

And I'll try bending the headband, too, although I'm not sure that will relieve the pressure.

Dec 14, 2005 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 13
I don't know, I never had a problem with any Grado's, including the heavier 325i. If anything, I felt after time that I had to fiddle around with the cups, as they start to get hot, and sweaty over time.
3000smile.gif

Dec 14, 2005 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 13
I had the exact same problem with my MS-2s. I rigged a mod with some fleece, padding, and hot glue
biggrin.gif

The beyer mod is about as cheap and is more attractive. But I didn't want to wait for shipping and took 10 minutes to rig this.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150734

Dec 15, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #11 of 13
Look at the link in my sig for the Beyer headband. Call them up, get it for 12 shipped, and snap it on your band. Bingo, no more problems!

Dec 15, 2005 at 5:52 PM Post #12 of 13
I'll have to put in another vote for the Beyer headband. Even though I'm selling(or trading) my HF-1, I'm keeping the beyer headband because I suspect there may be another metal Grado in my future, after I sort out which Senn I would prefer to keep. Besides, the lightweight HF-1 never really needed it in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back