my Sony Xperia X1 arriving this week!
Nov 17, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm most interesed in knowing what made you go for the X1. There are quite a few other phones that compete in the same niche. Having seen quite a few preview/reviews (+videos) of the Xperia X1, it looks very promising.

Another review here:
Review - Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1

well HTC phones are too expensive for me in singapore...

and iphone i dont like..i sold mine after 2 weeks ..it was very juvenile and vague.

i am getting sony eric phone coz i have good experience with there phones..also i wanna give windows mobile a try.

if i dont like it..i ll sell it for more money easily coz mine is subsidised

Nov 17, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried iphone, tried windows products, tried symbian - not half bad -, but went back to blackberry. Bold is just sexy.

i got Bold rite now.

is Bold better than X1?

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is [Blackberry] Bold better than X1?

if you do emails, hell yeah.

There is truth to this. My father, sister and I all upgraded our phones last week and Dad went with a Blackberry with Full Data Plan. I set it up for automatically receiving his e-mails from work and I'm addicted to it. Unfortunately, I don't have quite the volume of important e-mails to justify getting one myself.

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got Bold rite now.

is Bold better than X1?

Interesting; were you not tempted by the BB Storm? That would seem like a natural upgrade if you already have a Bold. I heard the web browser in the Storm renders websites properly (finally). I'm deciding between the Storm and the X1. What difficult choice considering I don't know anyone who has either
redface.gif
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #23 of 33
i have a pearl right now, but since my job dosnt require me to have constant on email, i never activated it, its nice as a phone, but i guess the whole expiriance requires full blackberry service, which i dont want to pay for unless i actually need it for work,

which i dont,

now, windows mobile has burned me many times, i´ve had a motorola MPX200, MPX220, Dell Axim N30i, Qtek 8500, HTC touch, HTC cruise, and it always starts up nice, but windows mobile memory managment is fundementaly flawed, and the device has to be constantly reset to get it speeding along again, unless you dont mind awaitng 15-20 seconds to open a simple text messege or wait 30 seconds for a dialer,

Nov 18, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #26 of 33
I went to the showroom to try the dummy model...the keyboard is good..could have been more protruding but sufficient and well spaced.

not many mobile devices have such a well spaced keyboard

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #27 of 33
So many nice phones now. Bold, Storm, the HD (HTC?), the HTC's are all nice but the Diamond (right name? Get confused with all these HTC's
redface.gif
)with QWERTY is nice. E71 is amazing, blue/red e63 is even nicer body wise.

I'll have to settle with an E61 though I think, just cant afford or justify spending more than my laptop on a phone at 15.

Nov 18, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #28 of 33
There are currently so many problems with the Storm it's unbelievable, eg. abissmal battery life even with very light use, unresponsive back button, unresponsive click at the corners of the screen, poor reception, insensitive accelerometer... list goes on. All these point towards buggy firmware. According to the Vodafone eForum admins, new firmware is going to be released soon so until then... I would stay away. You can track the progress on the official BB Storm feedback thread on Vodafone.co.uk

There are also problems with the X1 on Vodafone, namely the inability to run certain Microsoft Live applications on WiFi. Then there's the issue of poor reception. Again, probably a firmware problem. Unfortunately, it is difficult to get the WiFi working properly and this has nothing to do with the firmware. Even Vodafone themselves admit it.

The Touch Diamond doesn't have a physcal QWERTY. Do you mean the Touch Pro? The Touch HD looks fabulous.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #29 of 33
Is it just me or WiFi on nearly all smartphones sucks?

i got 3 mbps rite now at home..and the web pages opened so slow on iphone 3G, Blackberry Bold, Nokia E71, Nokia Communicator E90.

why cant they open like a Laptop with firefox?

Slow rendering?

Nov 19, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

I would stay away.

Didn't plan to buy it, too much money. If I could justify spending that amount and just cut to the chase and buy an E71 and be happy!

Quote:

The Touch Diamond doesn't have a physcal QWERTY. Do you mean the Touch Pro? The Touch HD looks fabulous.

Yeah I did. Sure does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back